Mechanical Engineering Manager
An organisation based in Yorkshire is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineering Manager on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the Mechanical Services plant and equipment on the Estate are sound, safe and legally compliant and that policies, procedures and standards for planned maintenance and inspection are understood and implemented effectively;
- Assisting and supporting the day to day maintenance activities for a specific area of the estate, liaising and working with colleagues on estate wide activities;
- Holding responsibility for Mechanical Engineering works within the designated zone but may on occasion be called on to deal with works in other disciplines or zones;
- Processing and prioritising requests for reactive and planned maintenance;
- Ensuring that all Statutory Maintenance is managed and addressed in a timely manner;
- Issuing orders and instructions for maintenance works to be carried out in a cost-efficient manner, ensuring works are in compliance with current legislation and Health and Safety codes of practice;
- Managing a team of Technical Services Staff;
- Carrying out maintenance project works by identifying the requirements of departments and preparing a design brief;
- Preparing designs for minor works including specification and tender documents;
- Holding responsibility for the maintenance and development of Planned Preventative Maintenance programmes.
A successful candidate will have/be:
- Have a good honours degree in Engineering or a similar discipline (or equivalent experience);
- An accredited HSE qualification (IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent);
- Knowledge of relevant systems, policies, legislation and quality standards;
- Experience of managing and motivating a team of staff;
- Demonstrable experience of executing people processes as required.