Head of Catering
Leading FM recruitment consultancy Maxwell Stephens has been appointed to find a new Head of Catering for their client’s multi-use grade 2 listed events building in North London.
The overall purpose of this role is to be responsible for overseeing all of the catering operations within the building, leading strategically and effectively managing the catering department to achieve profit targets.
- Provide leadership and direction to the catering team setting objectives and reviewing performance to identify training and development requirements. Direct line management for 3 roles and indirect responsibility for the wider department.
- Collaborate with the senior management team and events department to strategically plan creative and innovative F&B offers relevant to the client’s diverse audiences, with consideration for potential new revenue streams, to reflect industry trends and customer expectations.
- Contribute to strategic business planning presenting ideas for growth and development in new project areas designed to deliver a quality customer and visitor experience. This includes inputting into quarterly Board reports and providing KPI analysis.
- Review resourcing levels to enable effective management of overheads in order to achieve annual financial targets.
- Design, deliver and monitor customer service standards to improve the visitor experience.
- Manage the standard operating procedures (including policies and processes) for the department monitoring implementation and performance to ensure effective compliance and risk management.
- Identify and manage F&B contracts with relevant third-party suppliers through effective procurement and adherence to best practice to achieve value for money.
- Analyse monthly budget performance using management account information provided by finance to assess the department’s performance and adjust operational strategy accordingly
What you will need
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English.
- Demonstrable experience in a senior management role preferably gained in a venue.
- Experience managing and motivating a large team to achieve results including recruiting, training and developing staff.
- Experience delivering exceptional customer service.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Proven experience of meeting and exceeding commercial targets and controlling overheads.
- Experience of procuring and managing high value contracts.
- Experience delivering and maintaining 5* food hygiene standards.
- Experience of negotiating with and effective management of stakeholders.
- Excellent numerical skills with the ability to read and interpret financial data.
- Strong written skills with the ability to write reports and business cases for Executive / Board consideration.
- Confident decision maker with the ability to critically and constructively evaluate performance.
- Availability to work some unsocial hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
- Personal Liquor licence
- Food Hygiene Level 3
Maxwell Stephens is expecting a large volume of applications for this role. We’re keen to place the correct person with our client as soon as possible. Therefore, we encourage all interested Catering professionals with the experience to successful expedite this role to contact us without delay.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 to apply.