An independent school in West London are currently seeking a Compliance Officer to join their 45-acre estate. You will be responsible for delivering and maintaining all Health & Safety and compliance functions.
- Plan, manage and co-ordinate SHEF arrangements, ensuring compliance with the appropriate legislation in conjunction with the Operations Director.
- Develop, review and regularly update health and safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Promote a health and safety culture throughout SPS and ensure that members of staff receive the appropriate training, particularly on induction and through regular INSET sessions.
- Conduct or co-ordinate a robust programme of risk assessment and ensure that all health and safety risk and fire risk assessments are properly recorded.
- To act as the School's nominated Data Protection Officer.
- Ensure that the School's notification to the Information Commissioner's Office is current and accurate.
- Ensure that the School is compliant with all aspects of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Educated to degree level (Essential)
- Relevant memberships & qualifications within Health & Safety and Compliance
- Relevant experience within a Compliance function (Essential)
- Working knowledge and understanding of Data Protection principles, including all aspects of the GDPR (Essential)
- Working knowledge and understanding of current Health & Safety legislation (Essential)
- Experience of regulatory framework relating to governance and Schools and charitable organisations (Desirable)
- Experience of working in the educational sector (Desirable)