Buildings and Facilities Manager
Our client are a successful University seeking a professional Buildings Facilities Manager to join their team.
The campus occupies a 600-acre estate, including a range of academic, residential and recreational facilities. Their dedicated faculty and staff provide exceptional academic programming for undergraduate and postgraduate students from around the world. They also serve as a venue for international conferences and meetings.
• To prioritise the repairs and maintenance of buildings and facilities on site, including tenanted properties.
• To ensure that all repairs and alterations on site comply with the Grade 1 listing of the site.
• To oversee the maintenance department to ensure all facilities are well-maintained and comply with service standards and health & safety regulations. To ensure all record keeping and inspections are up to date.
• To ensure the upkeep of all buildings and residences and facilities, including the laundry, gym, visitor centre, art gallery, ticket office and all toilets.
• To oversee and manage health and safety ensuring that all risk assessments are in place and acting as the lead on H&S issues.
• To oversee and be a first point of contact for all services, including gas, electricity, water, sewage and drainage.
• To work with the Security supervisor on improving the security of the estate including CCTV.
• To liaise with the Vice-Provost & Executive Director (VPED) and Director of Finance & Assets (DFA) on selection of contractors for specific projects.
• To obtain/produce specifications for building works with which to obtain quotes from external contractors as appropriate.
• To manage strategic and operational works projects in conjunction with the VPED and the DFA.
• To work with contractors to undertake any repairs or necessary works and to produce a work schedule in line with the timetabling (academic and commercial) and ensuring all contractors are compliant with H&S regulations.
• Relevant City & Guilds, CIOB, BIFM or other construction/facilities management qualification (minimum Level 3).
• Relevant NEBOSH certificate.
• Leadership skills in staff and contractor management.
• Time management and ability to prioritise workloads.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Project as part of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc).
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
• Extensive knowledge of building processes and construction trades.
• Experience of project management
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
• Experience of tendering and procurement.
• Experience of managing a departmental budget.
• Experience of scheduling trades for project management.
• Knowledge of current CDM Regulations.
• Experience of working with listed buildings.
• High level of attention to detail and quality control.
• Calm and organised.
• Able to quickly assess and deal with unexpected situations.
• Good interpersonal skills for dealing with a wide variety of people.
• Professional manner.
• Problem-solving attitude.
• Eligibility to work in the UK.
• Successful completion of an Enhanced DBS check.
• Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a recognized project management, surveying or building discipline.
• Membership of CIOB, BIFM or similar.
To apply for this fantastic position, please contact the Maxwell Stephens team now!