Assist senior building manager with ensuring all onsite staff are managed in a proper and professional manner in accordance with company policy Established in 1996, the Mayfield Group provides Asset and Property Management solutions for our clients both in the UK and Europe. With over 2.3 million square meters of commercial assets under management, collecting in excess of EUR 240 million rent per annum and EUR 38 million of service charge, our skilled and experienced people are perfectly located to maximise the potential of our client’s properties.
Headquartered in the West End of London, Mayfield have local offices in Belgium, Germany, Switzerland and The Netherlands.
We are currently seeking an experienced and pro-active full time building manager to manage a 90,000sqft multi let office building which sits on a campus site at The Hill of Rubislaw in Aberdeen.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working within a multi let office environment and will be required to ensure the smooth running of the building from an operational and health and safety perspective, acting as the first point of contact for occupying tenants, client and team members. The role will report into the senior building manager, who is based on campus and will also involve liaising with the lead surveyor in the London head office.
- Responsible for the day to day management of site operations, to include co-ordinating and overseeing building wide projects Provide cover for senior building manager across the wider campus as and when required
- Act as first point of call for tenants to resolve issues and concerns
- Establish clear communication via regular tenant meetings and build effective relationships
- Keep tenants informed of building wide projects, timescales and likely impact A proactive service delivery to tenants, client and senior management
- Ensuring the robustness and integrity of the buildings M&E and maintaining it to a consistent standard through the employment of relevant contractors
- Act on tenant’s behalf to raise concerns with suppliers and contractors
- Anticipate potential problems across the site liaise with site team to rectify and prevent re-occurrence
- Management of building wide projects
Health and Safety
- Adopt the company Health & Safety Policy and plan at the site to maintain standard
- Ensure all defined services are completed in accordance with all operating procedures, statutory requirements, and within the health and safety guidelines
- Arrange to schedule in necessary health and safety audits and assessments and ensure these are uploaded/recorded on the Riskwise online portal
- Manage the completion of any action points raised from the assessments and audits, maintain records
- Ensure that all internal condition and safety checks are carried out and reported
- Be financially aware of the different types of costs relating to the building operation (service charge and non-recoverable costs) and follow correct PO and billing processes
- Assist with setting annual service charge budgets with the surveyor and client
- Service charge cost management, reporting and obtaining quotations in line with company policy
- Competitively bid and prepare service contracts to ensure high quality and cost-effective services, in line with Mayfield’s contractor vetting process
- Ensuring agreed SLA’s are adhered to and that regular 1-2-1’s take place to monitor progress and performance
- Ensure risk assessments and method statements are reviewed and authorized
- Assist senior building manager to authorize all permits to work and reviewing all complete works
Business and Development
- Build and maintain understanding of the business objectives of the owner investor with regards to the property
- Understand impact of own and others actions on the client and other stakeholders
- Recommend, justify, develop and coordinate with senior management, projects that enhance the value of the buildings
- Track record of co-ordinating /managing and delivering facilities services in a multi tenanted environment
- Understanding requirements of different stakeholders and effective management
- Experience of managing hard and soft service contracts
- Experience of managing service charge budgets
- Health and Safety Qualification/Experience: NEBOSH, IOSH, British Safety Council
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and has good attention to detail
- Excellent PC skills, proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Interest in continuous improvement and development of new technologies
Please apply only via the FM-World website and please, no recruitment agencies.