A large healthcare organisation is currently looking to appoint an interim Property Manager for a period of 3 months.
- As part of the Estates Management team and assist with all aspects of management of property portfolio, including interpretation of Memorandums of Occupation, licences, leases and tenancies;
- Formulation of tenancy proposals, liaising with Landlords and Tenants, understanding and disseminating service charge information and communicating with solicitors;
- Negotiation with Landlords in respect of new Leases, active management of properties within the portfolio to maximise letting opportunities;
- Drafting documents for use with tenants i.e. heads of terms for the granting of leases, licences and memorandum of occupation; advising, and seeking advice on, all tenancy related matters for existing and new leases;
- Provide estate management advice in relation to tenancy arrangements, advising tenants as to the various responsibilities, obligations and covenants in accordance with the leases particularly on issues surrounding alienation, alteration and repair;
- Managing lease negotiations and rent reviews with agents, landlords, tenants and solicitors as appropriate, achieving favourable terms for the organisation;
- Agree landlord service charges and apportion to tenants appropriately;
- Manage building insurance cover and advice as necessary; managing any claims;
- Answering queries on the level of coverage and processes;
- Assist the team with all business rates queries and liaising with the council, Valuation Office Agency and consultants for appeals, mergers and validations. Advising on building insurance cover and issues arising;
- Professional knowledge acquired through a relevant degree or equivalent, plus specialist knowledge acquired through post-graduate courses or Specialist courses-up to date CPD including Membership of a recognised Building Services institute or Management qualification or training or equivalent experience;
- Significant experience in an NHS Estates at management level;
- Excellent knowledge of Healthcare guidance including Estatecode, HTM’s, HBN’s and other industry specific guidance notes.