Head of Estates
Hays Construction & Property is proud to be exclusively partnered with Alliance Automotive Group who are a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Group a US listed company and the world’s largest distributor of aftermarket spare parts for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. The group has global revenues of US$ 18 Billion with operations in North America, Europe and Australasia.
The UK Group has annualised sales of c.£700m and is a dynamic business growing both organically and by acquisition. The Group executed over 15 acquisitions in 2017 and further acquisitions will continue throughout 2018. The UK Group operates from over 150 selling locations with a central finance and administration function based in Bradford and due to continued growth they are currently seeking a Head of Estates to join their team.
As the Head of Estates you will manage their significant property portfolio comprising of warehousing, distribution centres and offices. This role will sit within a well-established Finance team at their office in Bradford. To succeed in this role you must be well organised, committed to working to a high standard and have the ability to embrace challenges as the portfolio grows. You will get the opportunity to manage an expanding portfolio with the independence to implement systems and alter existing processes.
You will coordinate the estate across the country through the necessary regional managers. This will include managing general building maintenance, creating a lifecycle programme, and monitoring building compliance. You will be responsible for the management of leases through a lease database, managing contracts with suppliers and contractors, leading relocations/ refurbishments and handling dilapidations. This role will also require travel to key sites.
As the Head of Estates you will need to have the following;
· A strong background in managing commercial property, particularly distribution centres
· Experience of dealing with leases and business rates
· Team player, who is keen to build relationships with colleagues at any level in the company
· Hands on approach, being willing to directly support finance and operations teams
· A willingness to challenge and improve existing processes and procedures
· Excel proficiency to a high standard
· Ability to compile, analyse and review data to a high level of accuracy
· Good communication skills, both written and verbally
· NEBOSH General Certificate or similar level safety training
· A full UK drivers licence
In return Alliance Automotive Group are offering a competitive salary, car allowance and an excellent annual bonus scheme. There is a pension scheme and 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
For more information please visit
Or for an informal discussion please contact Sarah Atkinson, Recruitment Consultant at Hays Construction & Property who is exclusively managing this vacancy. If you feel you have the required skills and background to excel within this role, then please click apply now with your up to date CV.
All third party and direct applicants will be forwarded directly to Sarah to be screened as part of the recruitment process.
Interviews will commence September/October 2018.