Principal Technical Service Manager
Principal Technical Service Manager
Competitive Salary + car allowance, including a 10% Discretionary Bonus, Matched pension contributions to 6%, Life assurance and 27 days holiday.
About NHS Property Services
NHS Property Services Ltd is one of the largest property owners in the UK, with a £3 billion asset portfolio, some 4,000 properties, 3,000 employees and an annual income of over £700 million.
Established in April 2013, the company is a limited company but also part of the wider NHS family. Having inherited responsibility for the facilities and property management functions previously managed by NHS primary care trusts and strategic health authorities, we own and run properties that range from listed buildings and former workhouses through to award-winning, state-of-the-art integrated health campuses. Our aim is to deliver a fit for purpose estate in partnership with NHS organisations, generating cost efficiencies that will benefit our tenants, patients and the wider health economy.
Your new role
The purpose of the Principal Technical Services Manager role is to support NHS Property Services (NHSPS) Operational services, ensuring that compliance and technical standards are maintained at all times. This will be achieved by the provision of technical advice and a timely response to operational incidents and customer issues. The role will also oversee technical maintenance and repair operations to ensure that Facilities Management (FM) Service Delivery is not compromised.
The post-holder is accountable for:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the Operational Service Delivery teams and suppliers.
- Providing technical expertise, specialist advice, support and consultancy when requested to do so by Operational colleagues.
- Supporting asset and maintenance planning and contributing to the development of National strategies.
- Ensuring that a cost-effective maintenance solution is provided without disruption to site operations and customers.
- Leading investigations and providing reports in relation to any operational incidents or issues when requested to do so.
- Analysing data from technical activities and providing recommendations for change.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC / HND qualified in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Chartered member of a professional institute (i.e. BIFM, CIBSE or IET) (Desirable)
- Holder of NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) General Certificate. (Desirable)
- A thorough understanding of health and safety in the FM services environment and related permit to work processes.
- A clear and demonstrative approach to supporting Service Delivery teams in delivering excellent customer service.
- Good commercial awareness with strong financial skills related to operational services.
- Substantial experience in managing building services with specialist skills in a number of disciplines. Must have more than 10 years management experience of technical operations and safe systems of work.
- A respected advisor, providing expert technical advice and training to Operational colleagues and Technical managers, able to influence effectively to drive decision making and action.
Why you should join us
You will have a unique opportunity to work within an organisation that manages an estate of over 3,000 assets and over 6,000 occupiers. Your work with us will be challenging and offer you the ability to be part of the developing strategy to achieve success.
Your performance will drive an improvement in the efficiency of the NHS contributing to the delivery of healthcare premises that meet future needs for patient services.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we receive a sufficient amount of applications therefore we recommend you submit your CV to Dina Khatib; Recruitment Business Partner as soon as possible. Dina.firstname.lastname@example.org Contact number: 07784 277 090