Site Operations Manager
Our client, a leading technology company, are now looking for someone to join their team based in Bucharest, Romania to provide relationship, budget and operational leadership.
Reporting to the Senior Regional Site Operations for EMEA the ideal candidate will possess a proven track record of developing strong interpersonal relationships, understanding and prioritizing the immediate and long-term needs of the business, overcoming challenges with thoughtful and creative solutions.
- Manage the efficient delivery of all services within the agreed scope with outsourced service provider by understanding the business objectives and constraints of the Bucharest office to provide the best working environment for employees and customers.
- Develop strong working relationships with employees, key internal stakeholders and business leaders at the site to gain insight into the immediate and future needs of the business. In conjunction with the Senior EMEA Regional Site Operations Manager, leverage this intelligence to inform and influence the overall site strategy with respect to programs, services, occupancy and improvements.
- Manage and understand the agreed budgets and provide explanations on any differences between budget and actual spend including project financials. Develop, in conjunction with service providers, the forecasts each quarter.
- Encourage and develop new ideas and initiatives with outsourced providers with the objective of enhancing service levels, improving cost efficiency and contributing to a unique employee experience. Carry out regular inspections of the office space to ensure that the correct standards are maintained.
- Ensure the offices are compliant with local Health & Safety legislation.
- Partner with Global Safety and Security team on Incident management, emergency response and safety.
- Drive improvements in and execute the sustainability strategy.
- Partner with other core business functions within the EWS structure, and supporting teams such as IT & AV. etc. to provide co-operation and assistance as required to support the delivery of their services to enable employee success.
- Establish occupancy strategies, planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organizing current premises.
- Provide leadership to foster an engaged community across the office. Explore opportunities for connecting geographically with partnering teams on shared initiatives.
- Negotiate and/or mediate on space, occupancy and project related issues to reach the best outcome for the business. Recognize the point of compromise or escalation and act to prevent initiatives from stalling.
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship development skills, with the ability to communicate effortlessly at all levels within the organization.
- 5+ years of experience working within a Facilities Management environment with responsibility for Hard & Soft Services and Standard SLA’s & KPI’s.
- A positive “can do” attitude and a willingness to become totally at one with office Leaderships’ expectations.
- Familiarity with construction management principles, and the ability to lead small projects as needed.
- A good knowledge of Building Services, Mechanical, Electrical, HVAC
- Exemplary financial stewardship from planning and managing operational and capital budgets within a narrow variance band.
- Previous experience in a customer-oriented role
- Qualification in relevant Facilities Management discipline
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification desirable
- Must have the ability to travel when required
- Strong analytical skills to understand and identify root causes, trends and opportunities
- Make decisions quickly and courageously; be willing to learn from mistakes and appropriately adjust
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both Romanian & English. Must speak confidently at leadership meetings and employee all-hands.
- Other language skills, preferred but not essential
- Savvy negotiating tactics; ability to guide and influence toward what is best for the business
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Maxwell Stephens without delay.