Interim Head of Estates
Interim Head of Estates required to start at the end of September for 3-6 months.
- Interim Head of Estates
- Start at the end of September
- 3-6 months
- £300-375 per day all inclusive
- Total FM contract
- Responsible for all Facilities Management Operations across a large estate
As the Interim Head of Estates you will report into the Head of Operations and will be responsible for all Facilities Management operations. This is an interim role while an organisation review is being carried out and may or may not lead to a permanent opportunity.
Responsibility for all Facilities Management delivery areas including; Facilities, Maintenance, Cleaning, Security, Waste Management and Minor Works Projects.
Provide building and construction expertise to support the continuing development of the team and be the principal advisor on all facilities matters to Head of Operations.
Work closely with internal colleagues and external partners to ensure all facilities matters are considered as part of any business / service reconfiguration and in the development of new ways of working and delivering services.
Take the lead on Quality, compliance, commercial awareness, construction management and leadership
- To lead and direct the Operations Team and service delivery of all Facilities Management services.
- To develop a life cycle register for all technical and M&E installations along with related replacement works.
- To prioritise, plan and monitor all planned PPM’s works to the technical installations and M&E.
- Lead, support and manage the performance and delivery of the Operations team members.
- Budget management for all facilities related running costs, including staff, repairs, utilities, rates and match day costs.
- Performance management of several key service delivery contracts.
- Client liaison for major works, and project management of minor project work.
- Working alongside project managers regarding major CAPEX projects.
- Provide client specifications for all elements of third party facilities procurement and tenders.
- Manage the CAFM software package for all planned and reactive repairs and renewals.
- Ensure the timely delivery of all repairs and renewals to technical, M&E, fixtures, and fittings.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of leading and managing a multi-functional department at a senior level
- Proven experience of devising, implementing and delivering key objectives strategically as part of a multi-disciplined management team.
- A minimum of 5 years project management experience, liaising and coordinating withexternal and internal customers to deliver results professionally, efficiently and within budget restraints.
- Educated to a degree level in facilities management or related subject or demonstrate such a level of equivalent qualifications and experience.
- Experience of managing and delivering CAPEX and revenue budgets.
- Strong presentation skills Strong IT Skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience in preparing contract documents (e.g. specifications) and managing planned preventive maintenance contracts, reactive maintenance, minor new works and transition contracts.
- Experience of legal and regulatory requirements relating to buildings, health and safety, support services, including fire risk assessments, legionella, asbestos, control of contractors, CDM and workplace assessments
- Experience in the development and implementation of service delivery plans, policies, procedures / processes and systems for hard FM services