We are delighted to share with you a terrific opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join an award winning creative company in the heart of London. This role is to manage the facilities within their London office. Our client who has asked Maxwell Stephens to work on this role on an exclusive basis are particularly proud of their workspace and take great care in maintaining it to an extremely high standard.
For this role we are are seeking an experienced and energetic Facilities Manager to take on the full-time role of looking after the client’s office. This new role will manage and deliver all hard and soft services and also demands an excellent eye for detail, flexibility, confidence and the commitment to constantly exceed expectations.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Regularly inspect the premises to ensure that all services and facilities are in safe and full working order. Plan and manage repairs/defects promptly to minimise disruption to the daily workings of the office.
- Proactively project manage, supervise and co-ordinate a range of work undertaken by contractors and subcontractors, ensuring that maintenance and works are completed to the highest standards, scheduled and recorded effectively and as stipulated in service agreements and practice protocols
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement of the facilities function by identifying and implementing enhancements to current practices.
- As the day to day point of contact on all security issues, liaise with all relevant external and internal personnel escalating issues using the appropriate channels as necessary.
- Support the incident/emergency/recovery protocols and plans, ensuring response procedures are maintained and communicated across all staff teams.
- Manage and monitor the delivery of on-site security through the chosen contractors. Undertaking monitoring, recording and evaluation of services to ensure highest service standards.
Housekeeping and catering
- As the day to day point of contact for the in-house housekeeping and catering contractors and with the assistance of the Reception team, manage the delivery of the housekeeping and catering services. Ensuring services are delivered to the highest standards, reviewed regularly and as stipulated in service agreements.
Health and safety
- Ensure premises meet and exceed Health and Safety requirements and that all facilities comply with relevant legislative frameworks and internal protocols and procedures
- Carry out and record regular building evacuations/fire drills/invacuations and ensure staff are familiar with practice policies and procedures
- Monitor and maintain compliance with all regulations including provision of accurate and timely documentation and all relevant certificates.
- Ensure Health and Safety practice life cycle maintenance across all areas of the practice including enhanced high-risk Workshop assessments, fire risks, waste and pest control, lifts, PAT testing and insurance reports.
- Regularly liaise with the Finance team to ensure management and control of expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Manage, record and approve all contractor invoices as required within budget
- Maintain accurate records of supplier/contractor information and accreditation/insurance records and certificates.
- Schedule and maintain contractor site visits or inspection dates and maintenance renewals
- Contribute, support and participate in annual ISO audits.
Requirements necessary for this role:
- Technical skills experience relating to general maintenance, mechanical or electrical engineering.
- NEBOSH qualified and proven experience in managing risk management and health and safety principles and practices in the workplace.
- A working understanding of GDPR.
- IT literate.
- Extensive experience of setting, meeting and exceeding targets and a desire to help others work towards targets and develop their skills.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing relationships across all levels
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex information and data and produce and present clear reports verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop, monitor and maintain management information systems and procedures.
- A solid understanding of reporting and budgeting procedures, with experience of procurement process.
- Confident and collaborative working style.
- Comfortable managing change.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and thorough.
- Ability to work calmly to strict deadlines and under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach to work and a willingness to work ‘out of hours’ where necessary, with visits to Cambridge studios as necessary.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
This is a highly attractive and responsible role in the heart of London, perfect for those looking to further develop their FM skillset within a fast-paced environment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Maxwell Stephens without delay on 0207 118 4848 or send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org