Minor Works Manager
Competitive Salary + car allowance, including a 10% Discretionary Bonus, Matched pension contributions to 6%, Life assurance and 27 days holiday.
About NHS Property Services
NHS Property Services Ltd is one of the largest property owners in the UK, with a £3 billion asset portfolio, some 4,000 properties, 3,000 employees and an annual income of over £700 million.
Established in April 2013, the company is a limited company but also part of the wider NHS family. Having inherited responsibility for the facilities and property management functions previously managed by NHS primary care trusts and strategic health authorities, we own and run properties that range from listed buildings and former workhouses through to award-winning, state-of-the-art integrated health campuses. Our aim is to deliver a fit for purpose estate in partnership with NHS organisations, generating cost efficiencies that will benefit our tenants, patients and the wider health economy.
Your new role
The purpose of this role is to manage the delivery of small maintenance and minor works projects across a defined number of properties within the eight geographic areas of the NHS Property Services (NHSPS) property portfolio. The Minor Works Manager will liaise with the Senior Facilities Services Manager and Principal Construction Manager in the provision of programme planning and delivery. The Minor Works Manager will ensure any related operational policies and procedures are adhered to for the assigned projects. The post-holder is expected to assist in other non-project specific initiatives that are associated with the delivery of the NHSPS Property Programme, as directed by the Senior Facilities Services Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC/HND in Building Management / NEBOSH, IOSH, SMSTS or equivalent related qualification
- Evidence of commitment to professional development
- Knowledge of the construction market
- Knowledge of project and programme management processes and techniques
- Technical knowledge in construction or design
- Understanding of real estate service lines, including asset management, project management and facilities management
- Understanding of real estate support functions, including Sourcing, Finance, HR and Technology
- Fully conversant with all relevant HSEQ requirements and their effective application
- A sound knowledge of the business standards, statutory and regulatory requirements of our industry
- Knowledge of relevant technical guidance in a healthcare environment
Why you should join us
You will have a unique opportunity to work within an organisation that manages an estate of over 3,000 assets and over 6,000 occupiers. Your work with us will be challenging and offer you the ability to be part of the developing strategy to achieve success.
Your performance will drive an improvement in the efficiency of the NHS contributing to the delivery of healthcare premises that meet future needs for patient services.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we receive a sufficient amount of applications therefore we recommend you submit your cv to Dina Khatib; Recruitment Business Partner as soon as possible. Dina.email@example.com Contact number: 07784 277 090