Estates Asset & Compliance Manager
To form part of the Trust’s Estates & Property Management Service providing operational management of the estate. Supporting the Strategic Head of Estates in managing, monitoring and updating the Estates Terrier and Property portfolio, maintaining the backlog maintenance, forward investment and current maintenance programmes.
Provide accurate estate information to support the Trust’s major decision-making process for service and site redevelopment. Report annually to the Department of Health a range of estates factors to facilitate the publication of a national database of health services in relation to estates and facilities management thus creating a national database of key performance indicators.
Support the Director of Finance in determining the value of the retained estate and owned assets. Contribute to the trust discussions on its replacement programme for capital assets and other engineering plant and equipment.
Responsible for ensuring that operational estates managers maintain the Trust’s engineering and fixed plant assets thus ensuring statutory and mandatory obligations are compliant in accordance with current legislation, best practice guides and inspection regimes. Responsible for conducting and/or co-ordinating surveys in accordance with the NHS Estates Publication ‘Estatecode’ ensuring records are stored and readily available in a robust electronic database format containing the following six facets of estates information. Responsible for developing and maintaining the Estates risk register and backlog and capital investment programmes. Responsible for maintaining, monitoring, updating and reviewing the Estates database of electronic architectural and engineering drawings and operation and maintenance manuals for reproduction as and when required.
In September 2019 there is a plan for the Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust and the Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust to merge therefore the role could form part of a merged organisational structure requiring the post holder to take on duties for a merged organisation.
To provide leadership and management of the Trust’s estates terrier and property asset database, providing assurance and robust governance of Estates and Facilities datasets.
In summary the post holder is responsible for:
- Supporting the Strategic Head of Estates in the formulation of Estates related strategic objectives and accountable for the delivery and completion of statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Benchmarking with similar Trust’s and comparing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure value for money and quality services are being delivered;
- Liaising with the Governance Support Unit to identify, manage and reduce wherever possible maintenance related risks;
- Supporting the Strategic Head of Estates in providing technical professional advice on building services and architectural design to architects, building services consultants, project managers and the Trust’s strategic project management team;
- Developing a risk management culture in identifying risks, assessing risks and controlling risks, ensuring maintenance risks are identified and assessed in the Trust’s backlog risk register;
- Supporting the Strategic Head of Estates in delivering the Trust’s annual capital programme and minor new works schemes. Assists and advises on priorities for inclusion in the current and future years capital programmes, through assessment of risk, awareness of statutory and mandatory requirements and knowledge of the Trust’s service development business requirements.
- Ensuring that the all-statutory safety inspections of engineering plant and equipment are carried out within the statutory time frame. Retaining documentation for visits from the HSE Inspectorate;
- Timely and accurate submission of Estates and Facilities related information to the Department of Health for production of Annual Key Performance Indicators relating to the Estates and Facilities environment commonly referred to as ERIC Estates Return Information Collection;
- The management and continued development of the CAFM system; including the review, modification and updating of current asset records to reflect the current and changing PPM requirements of Trust engineering plant and equipment;
- The submission of the Trust Premises Assurance Module (PAM);
- Acting as the EFM ‘gatekeeper’ of Safety Action Bulletins (SAB’s) distributed electronically to all NHS Organisations from NHS Estates;
- Maintaining a system for operation and maintenance manuals and electronic and paper record drawings thus ensuring that inspections regimes associated with new engineering plant and equipment forms the basis of a robust planned maintenance programme;
- Developing technical standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in conjunction with the Operational Estates Manager;
- Acting as Topic Lead for the Trust’s ‘control of contractors’ policy;
- Acting where appropriate as an ‘Authorised Person’ relevant to the Health Technical Memorandum (HTM’s) suite of documents.