Bid Writer / Estimator
BAM FM is recruiting for a Bid Writer / Estimator to join the Business Development Team.
The role is based out of the UK head office in Hemel Hempstead, with travel within the Southern UK region as the business requires.
About the role:
• Supporting the Business Development team in providing creative and commercial solutions to bid requirements
• Develop PQQ, SQ & ITT responses under the guidance of the lead Business Development Manager
• Producing professional written bids to clients and consultants exact expectations, in line with BAM’s brand, position and processes
• Complete comprehensive reviews of client documentation, to ensure a full understanding of winning themes, customer needs and develop tailored responses accordingly
• Considering all aspects of respective tender requirements and ensuring our bid proposals capture key elements, translating win strategies and business objectives into smart, compelling, consistent, customer-focused, error-free documents and escalating risk to bid leader / board where required
• To proactively conduct market research and competitor analysis to develop winning strategies and bid plans, as well as bringing ideas and fresh thinking to the department and being able to identify future opportunities and leads
• Writing bids for the provision of integrated facilities management solutions
• Assist with the preparation of contract proposals
• Attending clients premises to survey opportunities and capture assets, as required
• Estimating Hard and Soft FM service opportunities. Ensuring that our final cost submissions are competitive and innovative solutions have been considered to give our bids an edge over our competitors
• Assisting the Mechanical and Electrical Projects Team in estimating work packages
• Assisting in developing a strong Bid and Estimating strategy
• Developing strong supply chain relationships for future tenders / opportunities
Who are we looking for?
• Experience of facilities management technical and tender processes
• An experienced Bid Writer in Hard (Essential) and ideally Soft FM service delivery
• Experience in estimating Hard services (Essential) and preferably also soft services delivery. Providing accurate estimations for the delivery process for both Planned Maintenance and Installation projects
• The ability to estimate from first principles
• A strong attention to detail with emphasis on quality, error free bid writing and estimating
• Experience in using Microsoft packages – Excellent Excel skills (Essential) required
• Strong experience in estimating to HVAC SFG20 standards and ideally BIC’s cleaning standards
• Ability to work within a team environment or as an individual with minimal supervision
• Ability to identify cost savings to enable BAM FM to bid competitively
• Ability to prioritise workloads and work to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate and present finalisation of bids / costs to senior management confidently and succinctly
• Enthusiasm and be self-motivated / driven
• Comfortable communicating with clients and consultants in a clear and professional manner
• A desire to be a major contributor in the growth of BAM FM
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package consisting of a Company car / Car allowance, Bupa healthcare, bonus and 25 days holiday – we also provide continued learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time – then we’d like to hear from you.We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate. By 2020 we will have a visibly inclusive culture attracting the best talent to our diverse business by having an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their full potential.