M & E Assistant Contract Manager
A vacancy has arisen for a hands on Assistant Contracts Manager to operate from the my clients Birmingham office supporting the Contract Manager in maintaining and developing the services capability and co-ordinate the daily operations of associated works. This post requires both field based & office responsibilities; you will be expected to balance your tasks to provide both technical & field support to Engineers and Supervisors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Health & Safety and Environmental compliance
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and carry out tool box talks
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure using this information to report to the Contract Managers as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. Labour planning and ordering of materials.
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans
- Co-ordinate all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover.
- Take ownership of the client's needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Operate Integral QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Be available to attend or manage emergency call outs and provide written incident reports as required
- Co-operate with Integral office support staff providing information as required.
- Carry out site visits and audits to ensure quality and completion of work is at the required standard
- Co-ordinate and manage all preferred subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- Provide cover for Contract Managers when required, i.e. holidays, sickness
- Carry out timesheet approval for operatives when required.
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments, method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy.
- Undertake site surveys and prepare quotations/information for additional works/repairs.
- In conjunction with the relevant Contract Managers, assist in annual performance reviews with direct report Engineers.
- Maintain staff moral and motivation of all direct reports in support of the Operations Manager
- Identify and develop any specific training requirements for direct reports in area.
- Produce and submit weekly labour work allocation planner and review progress of completed works both PPM & Reactive works.
- Working knowledge of WiP and debt and assist Contacts Manager to reduce.
- A minimum of City & Guilds qualifications within Building Services or equivalent
- Desirable qualifications include:
- ACS/CORGI HNC - Mechanical / Electrical, 17th Edition IEE
- C & G Refrigerant Safe Handling
- C & G Electrical Inspection & testing
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Good knowledge of building services & building fabric
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Experience within similar role
- Good level of administration and organisational skills
- Practical experience within the building industry
- Health and Safety experience - IOSH Managing Safely
- Sound knowledge of computers software, Microsoft Office
- Personal Aptitude & Skills:
- Overtime when required
- Driving licence
Please apply ASAP or call Jamie on 01745772218