Interim Building Surveyor - outside of IR35 - Sick Cover
I am currently recruiting an Interim Building Surveyor, on a contract basis outside of IR35 for sick cover, for a 6 month period. The role will look after 20 sites for this national charity. This mobile based role with a great brand offers flexible working a good package.
My client is an Internationally recognized charity with a large and diverse national property portfolio. They currently have a space in Cornwall for an Interim Building Surveyor.
1. Make at least weekly visits to the projects in contract, attending the site meetings and advising of difficulties being encountered or likely to be encountered.
2. Make recommendations both orally and in writing about any aspect of the works including quality which do not conform to the plans, specifications or schedules of works and other documentation that might be unsatisfactory for any other reasons of designs, work or cost. Refer recommendations to scheme consultant/line manager for a decision on further instruction.
3. Continuously monitor work on site in accordance with the Contractors Method Statements and the Construction Health and Safety Plan, and endeavour to ensure the safety of all persons affected by the works. Promptly report breaches to contractors and consultants in written form. Undertake scaffolding inspections.
4. Maintain and issue weekly progress reports for all visits, including weather instructions, amendments, labour force, quality, Health and Safety, test results.
5. Examine, as far in advance as possible, all contract documents and drawings on individual schemes for discrepancies. Attend pre-contract meetings. Report on the contractor's anticipated building programme and on the performance of contractors and external consultants
6. Check that progress is maintained according to the building programme and advise on any likely cause for delay to the services consultant.
7. Prepare and attend snagging inspections and advise the schemes consultant prior to the issue of Certificate of Practical Completion. Ensure that schedules of defects after handover are maintained, and their rectification before the expiration of the defects liability period.
8. Work in collaboration with members of the Project Design Team and clients to ensure projects, both pre and post contract, run smoothly and objectives are achieved.
The Successful Interim Building Surveyor should be:
Able to prepare and write progress records.
Able to prioritise, plan and manage own workload and projects to meet conflicting work demands, fee targets and deadlines.
Able to create and maintain effective and co-operative working relationships both internally and externally and to consult, negotiate and influence others inside and outside the Council including site managers contractors, clients and consultation.
In depth knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory requirements including CDM Regulations, Asbestos Regulations, Scaffolding Regulations and Planning and Building Regulations and related compliance requirements.
Able to travel around Cornwall to the 20 sites.
This long term sick cover in Cornwall for an Interim Building Surveyor, will be a long contract with a possible temp to perm with a charity with a great brand. It offers a contract outside of IR35 and with flexible working and the majority of it will be work from home.