Head of Facilities Management
Head of Facilities Management
Who we are
GEN² are trusted public sector property experts.
We’re transforming the management of public buildings and spaces for current and future generations through our inside knowledge of the sector.
And we’re growing. Having successfully secured a five year agreement with Kent County Council’s infrastructure division and securing new clients, GEN² is looking to expand its talented team of property professionals.
We manage 1,800 properties with a combined value of £1.87bn and have delivered £535 million of capital projects over the last three years. Our team of experts enable and facilitates the delivery of a diverse range of services for the public sector across London and the South East.
GEN² are driving innovative new changes to support the need to deliver services differently. We are keen to work with an exceptional individual who has the energy, drive and ambition to help us do things differently.
Someone who shares our commitment to improving public services and who is able bring skill and commercial awareness to ensure we deliver value for money and maximise clients’ assets.
Our vision is to be the trusted property services advisor of choice to public sector clients in London and the South East. We understand our client’s needs and objectives and our work supports the delivery of social and financial value. We do this by delivering excellent standards of service, in a commercially aware but ethical manner.
JOB & BENEFITS SUMMARY
Job Title: Head of Facilities Management, Full Time
Location: Sessions House, Maidstone
Holiday Allowance: 25 days
Pension: Company Pension
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for Total Facilities Management Contract Management, Clients Services/Class-care activities and outcomes.
This role reports directly to the Operations Director and forms part of their Leadership Team. which has collective responsibility for the day to day operations of the business and contribute to the delivery of the company Business Plan including its growth targets.
The post holder shall also have direct responsibility in their business unit for the following: Health & Safety and Compliance reporting/auditing, service delivery and improvement, recruitment, management and development of staff, profit and loss management with responsibility to see the cost centre delivers to budget.
The post holder shall also lead on the acquisition and achievement of professional accreditation and memberships for disciplines appropriate to their business unit – e.g. RICS/IFMA, CIFM, APM, ISO.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the contract management of day to day facilities management of the customers estate portfolio. Manage the performance of the 3 TFM providers, and other suppliers whilst also monitoring and reporting on performance against planned/reactive budgets.
• Manage the three TFM suppliers to ensure that statutory maintenance activity is carried out regularly and effectively using suitably competent staff and in line with contract and legislative requirements.
• For KCC, ensure buildings are “safe, warm and dry” and that buildings support the delivery of front line services. Establish senior relationships with building users and take ownership of any issues that arise. Lead on the establishment/maintenance of streamlined and effective processes for raising, escalating and resolving customer complaints.
• Optimise the financial performance of Client assets – both revenue and capital. For KCC, identify and deliver work streams to support a balanced budget as specified in the KCC/Gen² Contract and Medium term Financial Plan Savings targets.
• Work with Gen² colleagues and suppliers to lead a whole life cycle approach to the management of assets in order to maximise asset performance and achieve best value. Specifically, manage TFM suppliers to support this through the provision of PPM schedules and asset condition data and surveys.
• Support the Director of Estates with the Asset Strategy for Clients’ assets – including Estates Management Strategy and also the delivery of programmes of work to support these - for KCC these include Asset Utilisation, New Ways of Working, One Public Estate, Health Sustainability and Transformation Plans and Environmental Initiatives and others as required. Manage TFM suppliers to provide innovations and service improvement to support service enhancement and cost saving initiatives.
• Carry out regular reviews of service requirements, FM practices and estate condition as required by our Clients and best practice in order to identify opportunities for service improvement and cost efficiencies.
• Ensure that TFM suppliers support the timely and accurate updating of asset data records looked after by Gen² on behalf of Clients and ensure this data is compliant with legislation such as GDPR. Data should include but not be limited to plans, maintenance records, statutory compliance information, leases and planning information.
• Be the lead for FM Management in the Gen² business, providing quality technical advice to Gen² customers in all matters . Where required by Clients, deliver senior FM advice to stakeholders such as Members and Director of Services and at key governance forums and take ownership for recommendations and business cases put forward by the FM fraternity of Gen².
• Take the lead on the continuous improvement of Gen²’s FM management expertise, including accreditations, training and development plans, Continuous Professional Development activity and Thought Leadership in this discipline.
Full job description and person specification attached