Position Title: Mechanical Supervisor
Department: Estates Hard Services
Team Band: AFC 6
Reports to: Estates Manager
Office / Unit name: Queen’s Hospital
The main focus of the role is to organise, coordinate and motivate the Mechanical Estates Team ensuring planned preventative maintenance (PPM) Statutory, Routine and reactive work is carried out within the confines of the PFI contract.
Duties & Accountabilities
• The role of the Mechanical Supervisor will be to line manage a team of skilled craftsmen who are responsible for the day to day running of Queen’s Hospital
• To coordinate the response, delegation and correct completion of the Mechanical statutory and mandatory PPM’s
• To coordinate the response, delegation and correct completion of all Reactive heating, cooling, climate control and general plumbing works within the contractual time lines and KPI’s
• Liaising with the Client, Helpdesk, contractors, Clinical nursing staff and heads of departments regarding work requests, information & planning
• To check and manage stock/material levels and raise orders as required.
• To arrange contractor service visits as per the PPM planner
• To manage the Global Maximo CAFM system
• Ensuring completion certificates for the statutory PPM’s are attached to every work order completed on Global Maximo
• Provide support information and assistance to the management team as requested
• General administration duties
• Convey a professional image of the Estates department to the client whilst encouraging and maintaining good working relationships with all users of the Estates service
Hours Of Work
37 ½ hrs. per week typically 7.5 hrs. each day over 7 days per week as part of the on-call & 7 day cover rota. Daily start and finish times shall be varied to meet the needs of the service.
Participate in the on-call system and 7 day cover
Rest periods etc. shall be in accordance with the Trusts “Working Time Policy & Procedure”.
Please note that this job description is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely a guide to the responsibilities of the post holder. The post holder may be required to undertake additional duties within the sphere of their competence.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
A percentage of the role will be hands on carrying out day to day reactive and PPM tasks and therefore the post holder will be required to use their specialised skills and technical knowledge to convey technical information to Sodexo/Trust engineers and contractors when co-ordinating repair work inside and outside of normal working hours. This will reflect the need for the post holder to act on his/her own initiative, the need for accuracy, attention to detail, numeracy and record keeping.
The post holder will be required to assess at all times the work load taking into account the priority, risk factors and possible interruption of this work due to urgent/emergency calls showing their ability to coordinate, delegate and control the team
The post holder will be required to use machinery and tools within their level of expertise/training,. The post holder will also be required to make regular use of ladders, and access equipment,
Employees are required to attend all Health & Safety training and fully participate in the required company and trust training.
Specific task related training will be arranged as necessary. This training will generally be conducted away from site, travel and accommodation if needed will be provided
Staff must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times and be aware of patient’s dignity and privacy when it comes to their personal information. All Estates staff are expected to be mindful to give assistance and wherever possible to help with any queries raised by patients and visitors in the correct manor.
Sodexo is committed to providing patient customer care of the highest quality and pro-motes this through the customer care training of their staff.
During the course of his/her duties the post holder may have access to confidential infor-mation which must not be divulged to any unauthorised person or any relative at any time.
Policies and Procedures
The post holder is required to familiarise and comply with all relevant Sodexo and Trust policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
Staff must take care of their own safety and others who may be affected by their actions or omissions. Health and Safety in the workplace is a two way thing managers must make sure their employees work in a safe environment and employees have an obligation to report any Health and Safety concerns to management. The workforce must ensure that all equipment or personal protective equipment provided is used in the appropriate manner. They must also report any accidents or near misses to the appropriate manager.
Full JD and PS attached.