M&E Technical Supervisor
It’s an exciting time to begin a career with our client as they are Britain’s Largest and fastest growing national provider of high quality comprehensive maintenance services for commercial and public sector buildings providing planned preventative and reactive maintenance for over 1600 clients in 60,000 locations. We deliver Engineering excellence and a strong partnership culture.
When you work with us, you will be part of the largest national mobile fleet located in every postcode area enabling us to focus a first time fix and a quick and efficient response.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 8.00-4.30
To provide technical support and lead a team of engineers in carrying out planned and reactive maintenance on all M+E assets within a complex site on critical items of plant.
- Experience in a team leader or supervisory role
- Knowledge of critical systems including UPS, chillers and data rooms
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- Commitment to providing a high quality service to our customer and willing to work flexibly and as a member of a team
- Scrupulous and reliable
Duties and Responsibilities
- To supervise and lead a team of site based engineers
- To be fully knowledgeable of all the sites critical assets, including emergency procedures to ensure the continued operation of the site.
- Be proactive in suggesting new ways of working and constantly looking for efficiencies within the site operations
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks.
- Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures at all times.
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operation, effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated equipment.
- Maintain accurate records/documentation of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Supervisor as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials.
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans.
- Assist with co-ordination of all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover.
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the clients’ needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship.
- Operate QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required.
- Be available to attend emergency and call outs and provide written incident reports as required.
- Co-ordinate and manage all subcontractors activity on site relating to works undertaken. Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments, method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy.
Key Skills and Qualification
- 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations.
- Clean Driving Licence
- Ability to read, interpret and understand wiring diagrams
- Experience of fault finding on M+E assets
- Maintenance of circuits, distribution boards,
- Emergency lighting, 3 phase electrics including motors ect.
- A good knowledge of all building services.
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills.
- NVQ Level 3 qualified Electrician.
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing
- Installation work, testing and inspection
- Experience of HVAC systems
- Working knowledge of BMS systems
- Working knowledge and understanding of other skill sets (multi-skilled).
- Health and Safety experience.
- 2 years’ experience within similar role
- Sound knowledge of computers software, Microsoft Office
- Time served apprenticeship
For more information please call or message Kieran - 01745 77 22 18 'or' firstname.lastname@example.org