Operations & Customer Relationship Manager
Operations & Customer Relationship Manager – Northampton Schools
Amey delivers total facilities management services to the Northampton Schools Private Finance Initiative across an estate of 42 schools (five secondary and 37 primary). The contract is operated by a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), Northampton Schools Limited Partnership, and is led by Amber Infrastructure.
We service over 145,000m2 of school premises for 17,000 pupils, which includes serving more than 550,000 school meals every year. In 2010, the schools generated 970 tonnes of waste, over 90% of which was classified as general waste. Together with our waste management providers, Shanks, we were able to re-direct 100% of the waste, avoiding sending any to landfill. The success of this project resulted in Amey being named 'National Recycling Star of the Year 2011'.
As an Operations and Customer Relationship Manager you will lead on the management and delivery of Hard & Soft Facilities Management Services to your zone of responsibility within the school's estate, assisting the Account Manager in developing and implementing the Asset Management Strategy. Part of your key responsibility will be hitting the delivery of revenue targets through effective budget management.
You will work collaboratively with the Account Manager, the Technical Compliance & Lifecycle Manager, the Customer Services Manager (Scheduling team), the Catering Manager and the Grounds Maintenance Manager (to name a few!) to deliver the responsibilities and activities below, focussing predominantly on the critical areas of Hard FM and Asset Management, Soft FM, Operational Management and FM information and data management systems (CAFM).
Sometimes in your role you will be required to undertake call out, on a rota basis, as part of the overall management of the contract. But don’t let this put you off; Amey will invest in your training and development along with a competitive package. If the task below appeal to you, please apply to progress your career now.
Typical Makeup of A Zone
12 Schools (2 Secondary + 10 Primary) contained within 3 Clusters.
Circa 120 staff
Responsible for a Zone of 12 Schools (2 Secondary + 10 Primary) contained within 3 Clusters.
Circa 120 staff. Daily tasks include:
- Ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and Amey Health and Safety Management system. Principal duties will include the implementation and management of the following areas: Asbestos Management, Fire Risk assessments (review, managing actions, and updating), Management of Contractors, PPM/statutory inspections and CDM
- Assist the Account Manager and the Head of Asset Management and Risk with the development and review of the Asset Management Strategy about your zone of responsibility. Undertake the property evaluation for Condition, Statutory Compliance, Functionality, and Environmental, supporting the development of forward maintenance/lifecycle plans.
- Manage budget and review profit and loss for effective delivery within contractual requirements. Facilitate collaborative forecasting and planning, to develop and maintain service delivery plans as required
- Prepare and maintain a Forward Maintenance Plan for schools within your zone to reflect contract responsibilities, operational requirements, budget availability and align with the Asset Management Strategy.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees within your zone by the organisation's policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
•Educated to Degree level in Facilities Management, Surveying, Engineering or related subject, or demonstrate such a level of equivalent qualifications and experience
•Professional Membership of a relevant professional association, e.g., RICS, CIBSE, BIFM is desirable
• Knowledge of the management and provision of Hard & Soft FM services for a multi‐site operation (schools)
•Experience in the development and implementation of Service Delivery Plans, policies, procedures/process, and systems enhancement for (Hard & Soft) FM Services
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Manager / Supervisor jobs in FM service provider
- Engineering, maintenance Manager / Supervisor jobs in FM service provider
- Estates, property Manager / Supervisor jobs in FM service provider
- Health & safety Manager / Supervisor jobs in FM service provider
- Operations Manager / Supervisor jobs in FM service provider