Maintenance and Small Works Manager
Job opportunity - South London Council, Maintenance and Small works Manager of commercial property.
Your new company
A south London local authority, great transport links, parking and exceptional staff benefits is seeking a proactive and organised maintenance and small works manager to join their team on a permanent basis
Your new role
A diverse role encompassing the many facets of maintenance and small works management, the successful candidate will need to be familiar with a wide array of building services and best practices involved within them
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Overseeing the planned and reactive maintenance of the central office.
- Managing the on site contractors associated with maintenance and small works projects that take place
- Ability to manage the procurement process of external suppliers for small works, ensuring competitive pricing of jobs e.t.c.
- Liaising with other departments within the council, in relation to understanding their needs and orchestrating office moves where necessary.
What you'll need to succeed
- HND/HNC in a building services discipline or C&G level 3 or equivalent with relevant experience.
- Knowledge of statutory compliance within building services
- Knowledge of procurement processes and best value initiatives
- Knowledge of Health and safety, statutory compliance, risk assessment & CDM
- UK Driving Licence.
- Previous Experience within a local government/public sector environment.
- Recognised project management qualifications (e.g Prince 2)
- Experience using project management software
- Evidence of budget control and planning budgetary requirements for tender and bids processes
What you'll get in return
Annual salary of c£40000, enrolment on the Local government pension scheme (LGPS) - defined benefits pension scheme Annual leave entitlement starts at 26 days annual leave per annum, which rises to 31 days after 5 years continuous local government service. Bank holidays are on top of this
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.