Category Manager - Supply Chain
Supply Chain Category Manager
Upminster, Greater London
Up to £45,000
We are a group of companies providing comprehensive and customer-focused Facility Management solutions. Our approach to Facilities Management is service-led, focusing on proactive strategies for providing the right service, at the right time and the right cost, whilst adhering to our core values.
We are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Category Manager, responsible for the management team of Buyers to provide a reliable and outstanding service at the best value for all. The role will also be responsible for the development and implementation of supplier and contractor specifications, KPIs and financial measurements working with them to create a no-fault environment.
- Ownership and management of supply chain Category performance though use of KPI's; supplier performance cards; and associated procurement tools.
- Identify areas of risk within supply chain Category; implement appropriate mitigation measures.
- Provide regular performance feedback to suppliers and subcontractors and drive corrective actions as required.
- Enforce terms and conditions of purchase orders and other agreements and compliance with legal requirements and Company policy.
- Resolve non-conformance issues, back-charges and claims in a timely manner to minimize the Company's exposure.
- Develop supplier spend reports to identify targeted improvements; leverages value for the company.
- Implement sourcing design changes to improve reliability in operations and reductions in costs.
- Provide escalation support for the operational Field Team and Helpdesk in relation to service delivery and performance
- Manage supplier performance including quality, delivery and total cost
- Background within a similar remit, the candidate must have FM experience directly
- Track record of managing Supplier / third party contractor service delivery performance
- Experience in the use of high volume data for the purposes of trend analysis and performance improvement
- Knowledge of performance measurement processes, SLAs and KPIs
- Understanding of Quality Management and continual improvement processes
- Understanding of Health & Safety obligations and Legal compliance
- Knowledge of budget planning and financial control processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build relationships at all levels
The post holder must be able to work from and attend meetings at various locations, including Arcus FM Head Office at Upminster, our offices at Redditch, Hartlebury and Glasgow and at Supplier premises. Therefore, a driving licence is essential.
In addition to a competitive salary, Arcus employees also receive various benefits. Including the following:
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays
- Various Learning and Development opportunities
- Life Assurance, Gym discounts and childcare vouchers
- Contributory pension of up to 6%
- Discretionary bonus schemes
- Car allowance
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to those who do not meet the required criteria for this role.
Personal information which you supply to us during the recruitment process will be used for assessing candidate suitability for vacancies within Arcus. Such data includes candidate qualifications, skills, experience, employment history, current and / or expected remuneration and benefits. Information about any disclosed disability will be used to assess whether Arcus needs to make reasonable adjustments during interview, selection or employment.
Such information will be shared internally, including with members of the HR and recruitment team, and managers in the business area being recruited to.
We will only keep such data for as long as is necessary for the recruitment process. Should we wish to keep date for longer, e.g. for talent pooling, we will seek the candidate consent to do so.
Employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making.