Apprentice M&E Engineer
M&E Apprentice (Building Service Maintenance Engineer)
Various - Manchester, Bristol and Romford Areas
We are a group of companies providing comprehensive and customer-focused Facility Management solutions. Our approach to Facilities Management is service-led, focusing on proactive strategies for providing the right service, at the right time and the right cost, whilst adhering to our core values.
Building Services Engineering makes buildings work. Service and Maintenance Engineers play a key role in planning and completing a range of maintenance work encompassing industrial and commercial building services engineering systems such as ventilating, heating, water supply, waste (effluent discharge) and drainage. This includes related electrical isolation, disconnection, reconnection and reactivation. They also complete planned preventative maintenance and undertake any required remedial repairs. In addition, they monitor and manage the operation of plant and equipment through building and energy management systems.
Please note*: The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20-year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
- Learn what "good" looks like for pre-planned and reactive M&E Maintenance tasks through the guidance of a mentor.
- To participate and learn all M&E reactive and planned maintenance tasks allocated by a mentor
- Gain an understanding of how to complete the site-based log book containing all risk assessment, method statement, third party engineers reports and signing/attendance sheets.
- Ensure compliance with all health & safety requirements adhering to best working practice
- Undertake relevant HR processes including, notification of absence, holidays, training needs and completion of timesheets.
- To attend college, sit exams and keep the business informed of all progress - including day to day liaison with the mentor and managers.
- Build a wider business awareness
- GCSE in English, Maths and Science (grade A-C), Engineering qualification would be an advantage but not essential and we would welcome candidates with industry and life experience.
- Understanding of basic engineering principles would be advantageous
- Driving Licence is preferred, however not essential
- Our training provider is based in Dagenham and the training will be completed in a block release format meaning all candidates must be prepared to stay/or travel to this location
- The working week is Monday to Friday, 08:00am - 17:00pm (45 hours)
- The duration of the apprenticeship will be between 36 and 48 months
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to those who do not meet the required criteria for this role.
Personal information which you supply to us during the recruitment process will be used for assessing candidate suitability for vacancies within Arcus. Such data includes candidate qualifications, skills, experience, employment history, current and / or expected remuneration and benefits. Information about any disclosed disability will be used to assess whether Arcus needs to make reasonable adjustments during interview, selection or employment.
Such information will be shared internally, including with members of the HR and recruitment team, and managers in the business area being recruited to.
We will only keep such data for as long as is necessary for the recruitment process. Should we wish to keep date for longer, e.g. for talent pooling, we will seek the candidate consent to do so. Employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making.