Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor
£35,000 - £40,000
We are a group of companies providing comprehensive and customer-focused Facility Management solutions. Our approach to Facilities Management is service-led, focusing on proactive strategies for providing the right service, at the right time and the right cost, whilst adhering to our core values.
To ensure the smooth running of all planned and reactive M&E maintenance tasks safely and to an agreed standard within a defined portfolio of Capita to the required Service Levels supporting the Regional Manager. To provide first line response to all emergencies during normal working hours and out of hours when on call.
- Ensure that M&E reactive and planned maintenance tasks are allocated and completed to the agreed SLAs
- Provide M&E technical support as required, e.g. advice regarding major operational issues. Fast-track any priority jobs identified and ensure they are logged through the Helpdesk.
- Able to effectively diagnose and identify faults and failures with equipment and systems and provide effective solutions and escalate where necessary
- Assist with ordering parts and materials in a timely manner through TABs
- Compliance with all health and safety requirements and adhere to with best working practices at all times. Ensure that toolbox talks are carried out and complied with as necessary.
- Undertake relevant HR processes including, notification of absence, holidays, training needs and completion of timesheets where appropriate.
- Carry out audits on internal engineering resource and subcontractors to ensure safe working practices are adhered to always.
- Ensure that all colleagues comply with dress code and maintain company vehicles in good condition
- Be available when on call to ensure effective response & resolution to satisfy customer needs and escalating where appropriate
- Ensure all statutory Compliance Checks are carried out and logged in the appropriate place
- Actively support colleagues building a teamwork approach e.g. - supporting with training and up skilling of colleagues and communicating regularly and assisting when required
- Ensure all staff's technical knowledge is kept up to date, informing the Regional Manager of any impending training requirements
- Able to demonstrate significant experience of M&E services maintenance
- Formal engineering qualification to City & Guilds
- Valid SMSTS or SSSTS qualification is an advantage
- Experience of managing a team
- Full clean driving licence
- Multi-skilled experience
- Proven ability to manage customer expectations
- Significant experience ideally gained within building management environment
- The post holder must be able to work flexibly, as determined by business requirements, including weekend working on a rota basis.
In addition to a competitive salary, Arcus employees also receive various benefits. Including the following:
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays
- Various Learning and Development opportunities
- Life Assurance, Gym discounts and childcare vouchers
- Contributory pension of up to 6%
- Discretionary bonus schemes
- Car allowance
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to those who do not meet the required criteria for this role.
Personal information which you supply to us during the recruitment process will be used for assessing candidate suitability for vacancies within Arcus. Such data includes candidate qualifications, skills, experience, employment history, current and / or expected remuneration and benefits. Information about any disclosed disability will be used to assess whether Arcus needs to make reasonable adjustments during interview, selection or employment.
Such information will be shared internally, including with members of the HR and recruitment team, and managers in the business area being recruited to.
We will only keep such data for as long as is necessary for the recruitment process. Should we wish to keep date for longer, e.g. for talent pooling, we will seek the candidate consent to do so.
Employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making.