Facilities Manager - Hard Services
Our client is recruiting for a Facilities Manager (Hard Services) to be based in Barnsley,
This is a permanent, full-time role, working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00). On offer is a salary of £30k - £35k.
This role reports directly to the Account Manager and is responsible for managing delivery of the Facilities on a Large contract.
Specific Responsibilities/Duties are:
- To work closely with the Company and their Client to deliver an excellent service in support of their objectives.
- To ensure the company meets the rectification targets for reactive works and site team PPM activity.
- To ensure HelpDesk LOC function is provided with real-time updates from site staff.
- To manage, motivate and inspire the company site teams with direct responsibility for managing the Caretaking and Engineering teams.
- To deputise for the Account Manager as necessary.
- To manage hard services and contract compliance with technical and QSHE legislation and regulation.
- To generate and foster an interdependent Health and Safety culture and take the lead on hard services delivery for the contract.
- To manage sub-contractors to ensure compliance is achieved and budgetary expectations are met.
- To ensure that all risks relating to safety, health, environment and quality are effectively managed through the use of risk assessments, PPE, training and Company procedures, to ensure a safe working environment for both employees and clients.
- To participate in the development of the Zero Harm Action Plan, Sustainability Action Plan, legal registers and risk registers, completing assigned actions in a timely manner.
- To investigate and report on "near misses" and accidents.
- To conduct monthly audit checks of legislative compliance folders with site teams, escalating to the Account Manager as necessary.
- To work with the HelpDesk LOC function and site teams to ensure all completion times for planned, corrective and reactive works are accurately logged and recorded.
- To ensure tasks are completed within required Rectification Period.
- To contribute to Monthly and Annual Performance Reports for review with clients.
- To agree targets for site teams to improve service delivery standards and efficiency.
- To monitor and develop direct reports (staff) through performance and development reviews (1-2-1 meetings).
- To develop effective working relationships with operational personnel, suppliers and sub-contractors, to improve operational performance.
- To ensure total knowledge and understanding of the Service Level Agreements, opportunities and risks.
- To maintain commercial understanding of the client contractual deliverables across all services.
- To drive profit improvement through both works and cost-saving initiatives.
Skills / Experience:
- Excellent customer care skills, with an ability to manage customers' expectations with the PFI framework
- Experience of managing technical services compliance, delivering in-house and outsourced
- PC literate and good knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Excel
- Experience of using a CAFM system
- Excellent motivation and influencing skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Sound understanding and experience of risk assessment / management
- Thorough knowledge and experience of Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality Assurance systems
- Good negotiation skills.
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
- All convictions both current and past,
- Cautions, reprimands and warnings held on the police national computer for England and Wales,
- Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
- Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
- Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for.
To apply for this role, please send your CV or call 01745 772218 and ask for Jade.