Catering Project Manager
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint a senior professional within Estates to lead the mobilisation of an improved Catering Services offering.
- A pivotal operational role for the organisation, the front line manager for the Catering and Retail operations for all CEF related matters within this area.;
- Operate the catering department as a business unit and the post holder will be responsible for the smooth operation and performance of all dedicated team members within the catering, retail and hospitality teams;
- Ensure that the level of supervision is in place per shift to deliver the daily production requirements and service level agreements and KPI’s in place for the department;
- Will be required to have a ‘hands on’ role and to step into catering roles as required within the kitchen department to support staff;
- Work closely and in collaboration with the building managers and the ward managers to ensure that the Catering service is delivered in line with service requirements for all building users; Complete regular engagement with all catering and patient forums to seek feedback and implement service improvements where required;
- Ensure that all catering service activities for the department are planned and allocated to the relevant teams. Prioritising service outputs and monitoring progress through to completion;
- Criteria to include:
- Experience of delivering new menu's and seasonal menu's, has brought in sustainability and awards (i.e. soil association) branding/artwork, health eating awareness;
- Led on the training and development of the catering and porter teams;
- Responsible for rota management (to bring in efficiency & savings) and food provisions management, measuring productivity within the kitchen production, and relaunch hospitality offer, and customer loyalty/promotional calendar;
- Able to establish best practise and new KPI's / benchmarking
- Understands the challenges of mobilising new services within phases of expansion of decant process.
- A recognised industry degree level qualification relevant to the role/or a similar level qualification with relevant work experience and supplementary course;
- Line manager / Supervisory experience with an estates / facility management service delivery environment;
- Sound understanding of health & safety and COSHH regulations, manual handling and working at height;
- Understanding of the NHS environment, ability to use a range of IT and software packages (e.g. office). Good level of numeracy /written/verbal skills.