Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a successful independent academy to recruit an experienced Facilities Manager to manage the building and support services.
Management of building and plant:
• Ensure that service and maintenance contracts are in place to maintain building plant and equipment in safe working order and monitor performance of the contractors; re-tender contracts as appropriate.
• Arrange for periodic repairs and re-decoration to be carried out as required by the terms of the lease and maintain a schedule of planned works to inform budget forecasts.
• Project manage all building improvements and maintenance repair projects, liaising with building professionals and contractors, setting and monitoring project budgets.
Management of support services:
• Cleaning, Waste Disposal and Recycling
• Manage contract cleaning firm and re-tendering process when necessary.
• Supervise team to ensure cleaning products and chemicals are safely stored
• Supervise team to ensure waste and items for recycling are handled correctly and that the refuse areas are kept clean and tidy
• Establish procedures for security and access to the building and ensure that they are adhered to by all staff and users and that sufficient staff/users are trained in security issues.
• Ensure the building is opened and closed at the agreed times (including making arrangements for out of hours opening as necessary)
• Act as one of the principal key holders to attend the premises in the event of an out of hours emergency.
• Supervise team to ensure telephone faults, moves, directory changes and updating telephone programming records are dealt with quickly to keep disruptions to the business to a minimum.
• Ensure the team can provide telephone user training for staff and tenants
• Manage the comms/phone line supplier contract, re-tender when necessary
• Ensure the Academy telephone handsets and telephone infrastructure back to the PBX is fit for purpose and is in a good/secure working order.
• Complete network patching between network floor switches, CAT6 GigaBIX cabling infrastructure and comms room core switch. Work with the Academy networks provider for any port configuration or more complex networking needs.
• Ensure the internet lines and bandwidth speed are suitable for the needs of Academy business. Work with service providers to ensure maximum uptime and resolve faults if necessary.
Storage and archives:
• Set up and maintain an efficient and cost effective document archiving service
• Liaise with external contractors to arrange collection of confidential waste, shredding etc.
AMS office management:
• Ensure that the facilities team has adequate processes to support new starters at the Academy (arranging desk space, equipment & supplies, computer and telephone)
• Lead on space planning and implementation of moves and changes within the office where necessary
• Ensure that the facilities team is trained to support flexible desking and a more mobile way of working around the office
IT and AV equipment:
• Ensure the provision and support for IT and AV, liaising with outsourced service providers as necessary
• Manage team to provide 1st line IT and AV support, helping users with faults, moves and changes.
• Provide team to assist on AV equipment in meeting rooms and assist conference staff and customers as required.
• Maintain accurate register of computer equipment to inform the capital budget and research and select new IT equipment as required.
• Ensure comms room equipment provides a secure and resilient infrastructure for the needs of the Academy. This includes firewall, server and core network switch.
• Ensure end user IT hardware (laptops, desk equipment, print services) is fit for purpose and in good working order.
• Manage and monitor the CLOUD service provider contract ensuring Cloud uptime is kept to a maximum.
• Plan and project manage IT upgrades, working with external consultants and service providers as appropriate.
• Agree costs, timescales and standards to be met and monitor these throughout the project.
Furniture and equipment
• Ensure continuity of service for essential office equipment
• Keep furniture in good condition and arrange repairs and replacements as approved by the Director of Finance & Resources
Health and Safety:
• Act as named Health & Safety (H&S) Officer for the Academy
• Carry out health and safety checks and assessments in line with Academy policies and procedures. Keep written records as required.
• Work with the Director of Finance & Resources to ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation
• Ensure the induction of new staff and tenants in Academy H&S policies and procedures and arrange training as required
• Lead Academy’s disaster and business continuity planning in liaison with other users of the building
Co-ordination with catering and conferencing team:
• Attend weekly planning meetings to review forthcoming events and activities in the building, plan staffing arrangements, opening times, security arrangements etc.
• Provide practical assistance and support to the conference and catering team as required including provision of cover on reception and assistance with room set ups, equipment moves.
• Act as first point of contact for all enquiries from tenants regarding building services, and arrange regular tenant meetings
• Deal with planning and landlord approvals for tenant alterations as necessary
• Administration of annual service charge in liaison with finance team.
Finance and administration:
• Preparation of annual facilities budget, monitoring performance & reporting as required by finance department
• Be proactive in improving office efficiency and in reducing costs by regularly reviewing contracts
• Ensure that appropriate stocks of essential items for the building and equipment are maintained
• Other projects as required by the Director of Finance and Resources
• Significant experience in a similar role
• Budget management
• Staff supervision
• Working knowledge of relevant standards and legislation
• First class IT skills (including MS Office, databases, internet and e-mail)
• Working knowledge of Audio Visual equipment
• BIFM membership
• IOSH qualification
• Trained in first aid & fire procedures
• Service charge management
If you’d like to apply for this role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to email@example.com.
Interviews for this will be 25 & 26 October so please apply now if of interest!