Regional Facilities Associate Director
An opportunity has arisen for Maxwell Stephens to recruit a Regional Associate Director for our client, whom are a global leader in their field.
Reporting to the Head of Department, this role provides FM leadership and expertise to support the Operations. The Commercial businesses are located in Germany, Italy, Spain, France and the UK.
- Supervise FM Managers to deliver efficient services at their sites.
Provide regional leadership, supporting the regional business and supporting the team.
- Manage the FM teams to support the needs of the business’ located within the country/region.
- Work with the Space & Master planning and Project Teams on capital projects and workplace initiatives to support the geographical expansion of the region and development of the business.
- Manage Leasehold Improvement, Churn and Operational Excellence projects as required.
- Manage delivery of capital projects including management of third-party suppliers as required.
- Develop an annual regional plan for the implementation of the 20/20 objectives and a 2/3-year financial forecast.
- Continued development of the hard and soft services strategy, ensuring appropriate SLA’s and KPI’s are developed and implemented.
- Develop an annual procurement programme aligned to the Facilities Master Plan and to the department’s optimised solution around outsourcing.
- Provide continued support and advice to the business on matters relating to buildings mechanical, electrical and public health services, including building fabric and landscaping where there are obligations on full repairing leases.
- Undertake regular technical reviews of M&E and public health systems.
- Ensure legal compliance for all buildings, plant and equipment and building services across the EMEA region.
- Provide technical advice on new project concepts: standard and quality of design, promotion of best practice and overall risk management to the business
- Measure performance of site services, to improve service delivery and contract performance.
- Ensure that the International Masterplan remains accurate and relevant with up to date space plans and growth modelling data for the region.
- Strengthen the current technical capabilities of the FM team and increase strategic competencies to better meet the requirements of the business
- Contribute to the setting, organising and prioritising of goals and objectives for the whole of the EMEA region, undertaking written performance reviews and implementing training/development plans for all direct reports.
- Manage regional consultants or vendors related to all CRE property matters.
- Manage regional suppliers to review performance against contract using SLA’s and KPI’S where appropriate.
- Management of reporting of Regional facility data by site managers.
- Manage compliance of Buildings for facilities within Region.
- Manage compliance of company policy for procurement.
- Manage compliance with local law and regulations
- Supervise the site Managers to mitigate the potential risks associated with Facilities and Operations via site managers monthly risk register and escalating where necessary to the Head of the Department.
- Maintain and manage the budgets for the Region.
- Engage regularly with departments to review headcount plans.
- Ensure the correct office space distribution and growth for all sites within the Region
- Engage for Commercial Operations to explain the full proposition (Global Management plan, governance, operating model, policies, and processes).
- Engage with Security, IT, Procurement, Finance, H&S and Legal to ensure commitment to successful delivery of Regional plan.
- Create effective communication with occupants via the site managers, to ensure maximum utility of buildings
- Supervise relationships with landlords and/or property managers.
- Identify and assist developing and implementing procedures and processes; promoting a consistent approach to Facilities management.
- Implement training and create staff development plans in line with training tree.
- Experience of people management supported by a proven track record in skills associated with managing change
- Must have extensive understanding and application of Facilities Management principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Must have multi-year experience in managing both hard and soft services across a number of sites
- Experience of accurately managing multiple budgets across a variety of currencies
- Must be able to work on highly complex problems in a variety of situations where analysis is required. Solve problems using considerable and rational judgement, leading to routine and specific recommendations
- Must be a team player with sufficient experience of involvement with Senior Management
- Proficient at collecting, analysing and understanding data. Use of techniques and methods to present data in a format that allows good management decision making.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communicator; experienced and proficient at presenting to various groups of people.
- Able to develop schemes, systems and programmes for continuous improvement at all sites
- Proficient at planning and scheduling own activities to accomplish objectives and goals
- Relevant University degree and a minimum of 6 years progressive experience.
- Knowledge and Experience of working within a highly regulated sector.
- Experience of managing capital and relocation projects, ensuring H&S compliance.
- Good English speaking and written communication skills.
- Experience of managing Facilities at multiple sites in a corporate environment.
- Qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer or Architect or Building Surveyor with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience. (BEng, BSc, RIBA, RICS).
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Environmental, Health and Safety qualification
- Fluency in French, Spanish, German and Italian an advantage if English is a first language
Maxwell Stephens is expecting a large volume of applications for this role. We’re keen to place the correct person with our client as soon as possible. Therefore, we encourage all interested FM professionals with the experience to successful expedite this role to contact us without delay.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.