Facility Services Manager (VN18 24)
Facility Services Manager
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom).
EUMETSAT is now inviting well qualified candidates from its Member States to apply for the following post:
POST: Facility Services Manager
LOCATION: Darmstadt, Germany
DURATIONOF INITIALCONTRACT: The initial contract will be of 4 years’ duration, with subsequent 5 year contracts being awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements. There is no limit to the amount of follow-up contracts a staff member can receive up to the EUMETSAT retirement age of 63 and there are certainly opportunities to establish a long career perspective at EUMETSAT.
BACKGROUND: Within the General Services Division (GES), providing Facility Management (FM) Services for the EUMETSAT Headquarters Buildings and their facilities, the Facility Services Manager will lead a team responsible for the procurement and provision of facility services, including Site Security.
DUTIES: The main duties will be as follows:
- Manage the team responsible for the procurement and provision of facility services and develop its skills and know-how;
- Manage procurements of on-site facility support services and oversee their implementation and service level (security, reception, canteen, catering, cleaning, caretaker, etc.);
- Assess accommodation needs for offices and technical equipment, monitor available capacity and its actual use, establish and maintain a facility master plan and manage all moves and other accommodation related matters accordingly;
- Manage the site security of the EUMETSAT Headquarters, including the provision of security services, the day-to-day interaction with local authorities and support the development of the Site Security Policy;
- Implement EUMETSAT’s Occupational Health & Safety policies, processes and procedures;
- Oversee the organisation of on-site events, including related infrastructure and catering;
- Plan the financial and human resources necessary for all above activities.
- University degree in Facility Management, Business Administration or another relevant discipline;
- Certified knowledge in the field of Security and Health and Safety would be an advantage.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with experience in team management;
- Extensive experience in facility management, including the setup and organization of external service providers, such as site security;
- Knowledge of occupational health & safety regulations, security and fire prevention concepts;
- Experience with a quality management system (ISO 9001) and a security management system (ISO 27001) would be advantageous;
- Strong analysis, problem solving and communication skills;
- Computer skills, in particular, a good knowledge of MS Office and Outlook.
The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. In view of the
interactions with local authorities and suppliers required by the role, the
candidates must be able to work effectively in English and German.
EUM/VN (18)24 (re-issue)
CLOSING DATE: 12 November 2018
Interviews are tentatively scheduled for week 50/2018.
Applications in English or French should be sent via our online form
(attaching curriculum vitae and covering letter quoting Reference
VN(18)24) (re-issue) at www.eumetsat.int
This post is graded A2/A4 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 5,612 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable on the basis of skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits. Further information, including salary details, is available on the EUMETSAT web site.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunities work environment for men and women.
Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited on the basis of their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT