Technical Operations Manager (Environmental)
Technical Operations Manager (Environmental)
• Requisition ID: WD178933
• Position: Full time
• Functional area: Real Estate and Facilities
• Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire and Weybridge, Surrey
Are you excited about GlaxoSmithKline and our reputation as an employer of choice? Are you a self-starter, enthusiastic and pro-active? GlaxoSmithKline, one of Glassdoor’s top 10 rated pharmaceutical companies for whom to work, has a fantastic opportunity for talented engineering professionals like you to join our facilities management team as a Technical Operations Manager. We want to build capability in the local site teams to ensure they can demonstrate effective control and continuous improvement of our infrastructure engineering systems and programs. You can apply your technical expertise, share your insights and make an impact at our world class facilities where tomorrow’s medicines are discovered, developed and marketed.
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, can contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values of transparency, respect for others, integrity and focus on the patient. Our investment in training and development will empower you to be your best. We’ll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you to grow your expertise while contributing your facilities industry knowledge and experience.
As the Technical Operations Manager, you will provide engineering support to WREF Operations, responsible for Facilities Services and Capital Projects programme management. This will include the development and improvement of processes that support the operational delivery model and interfaces with other GSK functions, service partners and other 3rd party providers.
• Provide engineering guidance and expertise to the facilities management team who provide facilities services and deliver capital projects.
• Implement engineering and safety standards, along with process improvement initiatives.
• Ensure compliance to quality, environmental, health and safety requirements. Ensure that the engineering systems are safe and ‘inspection ready’ at all times.
• Specialize in one or more of these safety hazard systems, e.g., asbestos, pressure systems, hazardous utilities, electrical safety, fire safety, construction and demolition works, etc.
• Perform audits of contractors conduct at our site to ensure compliance with external safety regulations and GSK standards.
• Determine site facilities and utilities planning requirements and priorities. Integrate these requirements into the capital programme.
Elements of the EHS Corporate Standards
-Soil & Ground Water
-Environmental and Waste Management
-Use of Refrigerants
-Bulk Liquid Storage & Use of Gases
-Environment & Sustainability
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you’re the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 20 November to ensure you’re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity
• Mechanical Engineering degree with experience and familiarity of boilers, chillers, refrigeration including chillers, diesel generators and HVAC support systems including heating hot water, steam and chiller water
• Proven ability to manage complex projects or engineering services for a large office or pharmaceutical facility
• Displays some knowledge of the Research & Development processes and understands GxP requirements or an equivalent regulated environment
• Thorough understanding of statutory legislation
• Chartered or Professional Engineer status in a relevant engineering discipline
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive On Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.