Hard Services Facilities Manager
Hard services Facilities Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hard services Facilities Manager to work in Berkshire
- Salary £40,000 - £44,000 + Car/Car allowance + benefits
- Location Berkshire and London
- Technical services - Candidates must be electrical or mechanical qualified
- Facilities management contract
As a technical Facilities Manager you will be responsible for managing all of the hard services within multiple sites across Berkshire and London albeit you will reside in the Berkshire area for the majority of the week, there will be some travel to London sites once or twice a week also.
- Ensuring the delivery of technical services, hard Facilities Management Services
- Responsible for delivering, managing and ensuring contract compliance with Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and Reactive Maintenance requirements at Contract Sites.
- To deliver effective day to day management and liaison with construction/contractor/supplier teams to identify and resolve any operational issues
- To ensure that Health, Safety, Environmental, Hygiene and other legislative requirements are in place, up to date and meet statutory, Company and contractual requirements at all sites.
- To lead direct report; Multi-Skilled Engineer Supervisor, Site Managers including Soft Service Manager, Facilities Coordinator, FM Staff and sub-contractors in line with the Company and Contract operational plans.
- To effectively manage a delegated budget and systems in line with company policies and procedures
- To support the Senior Management team in driving quality and efficiency in service delivery
- To maintain and enhance the company's reputation for quality by ensuring that company standards in all services are achieved and maintained.
- To take steps to remedy any issues which are highlighted and share good practice
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Technical background - Mechanical or Electrical qualification is essential
- Proven Facilities Management (FM) Operational Management experience in similar environment/s.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience of leading a business through mobilisation and conducting site-based contract inductions for clients and end users alike
- Track record of achieving results
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to achieve results.
- Experience of training, developing and coaching people within service teams
- Health and Safety Qualification (CITB SMSTS/IOSH/NEBOSH)
- Compliance with Safe working practises
- Analysis and presentation of management reporting data
- Enthusiastic, takes the initiative, assertive, organised, open-minded, able to judge and prioritise and result orientated
- Knowledge of the secondary education service arena
- Ability to gain and hold the respect of others.
- Must have a 'can do' attitude; be articulate, able to drive change
- Have a flexible approach and be willing to adapt to new styles of management
- Implementing new systems
Please note the successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check