Facilities Manager - Education
We are working with a pioneering education provider in search of a Facilities Manager to oversee two college campuses in Oxford. The successful candidate will be experienced in managing both hard and soft services, ideally within an education environment. Our client ideally requires the selected candidate to start by the end of October and so applicants who are immediately available or on short notice periods will be given preference. The Role
- Comprehensively manage all college facilities management activity including catering, cleaning, energy, transport, health and safety, mechanical and electrical services, move management and statutory compliance.
- Provide a Technical Lead and Advice for Campus Property and Environment Managers â€“ ensuring a consistent approach service delivery and reporting
- Taking a lead responsibility for the operation and development of the site and facilities â€“ leading and liaising with learners, teaching staff, group services, parents, service providers and other stakeholders to ensure that the environment is safe, stimulating, and compliant, and meets usersâ€™ requirements.
- Deliver a fully serviced and supported environment which optimises internal and external supply chains to meet agreed service standards.
- Manage and lead a local Property and Environment team in the delivery of customer focused, efficient, and statutorily compliant FM service delivery to internal and external clients, colleges, schools and UTCs
- Contribute to timetabling and ensure effective and efficient use is made of the estate, buildings and car parks
- Lead and manage a team of Site Standards and Maintenance Officers and administrator, developing shift patterns and administering workloads, ensuring a timely and customer focused response to completing repairs, requests for assistance, responding to student behaviour and security issues; and manage duty manager cover locally
- Act as a senior college person with oversight and responsibility for daily operational college activity.
- Manage contracts for repair and maintenance works and small capital and improvement projects, on time, in budget, and in line with college and statutory guidelines.
- Significant experience of delivering successful Facilities Management and Project Management in a complex customer focused environment. Experience within the Education sector is desirable
- Member of BIFM or equivalent professional body
- A relevant and up to date Health & Safety qualification or proven relevant experience
- Good influencer and negotiator, aligning different teams to share a common aim or purpose
- Credible with teams and possesses the gravitas needed for partnership building
All CVs must be in English and in Word.
Talent FM are experts in facilities management recruitment. Our sector knowledge is unrivalled and we are passionate about making every stage of the recruitment process as easy as possible for our clients and candidates. You can view all our jobs on our website or join the conversation on twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.