Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Our client are seeking an experienced Facilities & Maintenance Manager to join their team to be responsible for the organisation and coordination of maintenance activities required to ensure that the Sites, Buildings, Grounds and Infrastructures are maintained to a good standard and provide a safe environment for employees and visitors.
- The day-to-day coordination and direction of the Site Maintenance Team and external Sub-contractors, to complete Maintenance in an efficient and effective manner:-
- Planning of Daily PPM routines for each team member and ensuring tasks are carried out in a timely & efficient manner.
- Allocate work and direct team ensuring that the correct skills are matched with the requirements of the maintenance task.
- Ensure that team members are gainfully employed throughout working day.
- Conducting regular team briefs to ensure that the team are aware of task and objectives.
- Monitor and communicate task priorities.
- Managing employee performance, recognising exceptional performance and putting plans in place in to address poor performance where appropriate.
- Ensuring that an up to date skills matrix is in place for the Team
- Ensure that appraisals & development plans are in place for all team members.
- Participate in the recruitment and training of new recruits to the team
- Management of Routine and Reactive Maintenance tasks as required and/or assigned for the purpose of ensuring the on-going functionality of MBA Sites and there buildings, equipment and utilities distribution infrastructure:-
- Heating, Ventilation & Air-conditioning (HVAC) Systems
- Mains, Hot & Cold Water Services
- Compressed Air Systems
- Power & Lighting
- Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
- Building Fabric / Structure
- Grounds Management / Landscaping
- Drainage Systems
- Coordination and Management of all site maintenance records and documentation (maintenance planners / service sheets, technical Specifications, test certification and statutory records)
- Conduct regular audit checks to on in-house teams to ensure work is completed accurately and in a timely manner to an acceptable standard
- Carry out random quality checks on workmanship, housekeeping & competence of Sub-Contractors.
- Apprise Facilities Manager of system failures / major breakdowns and recommendation for repair, with regular updates on progress with resolution.
- Assist Facilities Manager with drawing up technical specifications and statements of work.
- Assisting Facilities Manager with selecting, engaging and managing of external Maintenance and Project Contractors, to ensure that work carried on site is carried out to standards and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- Local management of ad-hoc projects as directed the Facilities Manager.
- Assisting the Facilities Manager to ensure adherence to all Company and Statutory Health & Safety Requirements and Procedures, to ensure that activities on the site comply with all relevant codes and legislation.
- Ensure that the Company Health & Safety process is effectively managed at all times across the Facilities Team and its Subcontractor activities
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
- Flexibility to respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- 5+ Years Mechanical / Electrical ‘Building Services’ maintenance experience in a Managerial or Supervisory role
- Good PC based skills, with experience in Word/Excel and Outlook
- Good practical problem solving skills
- Experience of managing and evaluating subcontractors
- Proactive and able to plan and deliver improvements initiatives.
- Use of hand tools and testers
- Apprenticeship in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- HND / HNC or equivalent (Engineering / Construction related discipline)
If you believe you have all the required experience, please email email@example.com or call 0203 903 4265 to discuss in more detail.