Zone Building Environment Manager
Zone Building Environment Manager
We are a group of companies providing comprehensive and customer-focused Facility Management solutions. Our approach to Facilities Management is service-led, focusing on proactive strategies for providing the right service, at the right time and the right cost, whilst adhering to our core values - Do it SIMPLY, Do it WELL, Do it WITH PASSION.
We are currently recruiting for a Zone Building Environment Manager, who will be responsible for ensuring a secure, clean and high-quality environment for our client's customers and colleagues through the effective management of FM and Crime & Security across a Zone and a team of Regional Managers.
- Undertake regular visits to stores to meet with senior stakeholder across the zone, reviewing the building maintenance and security services being provided, ensuring appropriate and responsive reaction to address all FM and Crime & Security related concerns.
- Accountable for the operational management and delivery of facilities management and Crime & Security services delivered within designated Zone ensuring a high profile in the day-to-day running of the sites with senior stakeholders.
- Support the Head of Facilities Management and the Operations Director in the execution of a cohesive operations strategy that supports the business plans and delivers continuous performance improvement.
- Ensure that the property portfolio is secure and maintained to a standard that is affordable and is continually improved to meet the evolving requirements of Sainsbury's.
- Develop long-term relationships with associated providers supplying Sainsbury's and Arcus FM that contribute directly to providing outstanding service
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers to ensure that work is completed on time and within budget to deliver a fully-functioning, legally compliant, high quality store environment for your zone and nationally.
- Management and control of zone expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Work in partnership with the Retail Security team at Sainsbury's in the management and delivery of security related projects
- Responsible for support the customer with, and ensure the timely compiling/completion of crime related report writing and any other crime related tasks/activities through your team of BEM's
- Liaison with senior stakeholders to ensure they are aware and comfortable with the BEM's performance and support in review store guarding provision periodically to ensuring service is in line with KPIs.
- Proven track record managing operations and a team of a Facility Managers for multi-site commercial building environment across a wide geography, preferably within the retail field.
- Track record of delivering continuous process improvement, developing performance improvement tools and processes through coaching and up skilling a team and utilises wider support teams.
- Extensive knowledge of FM and Crime & Security support services contracting and performance measurement and monitoring
- Understanding and implement organisational requirements and systems in the areas of quality management, health and safety, Crime & Security, legal compliance, environmental policies and general duty of care
- An excellent communicator with the ability to negotiate, influence and use diplomacy with senior clients and colleagues
- Strong knowledge in the areas of financial planning and control, and strategic decision making to influence and impact on business strategy and decisions.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and assess the validity and relevance of information in order to draw appropriate conclusions and make necessary recommendations against company and client strategy.
Please note that this position will involve working weekends on a rota basis to represent FM as the senior stakeholder. Due to this role being field-based / mobile, having a UK driving licence is essential
In addition to a competitive salary, Arcus employees also receive various benefits. Including the following:
- 33 days annual leave
- Various Learning and Development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Gym discounts
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus schemes
- Car allowance
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to those who do not meet the required criteria for this role.
Personal information which you supply to us during the recruitment process will be used for assessing candidate suitability for vacancies within Arcus. Such data includes candidate qualifications, skills, experience, employment history, current and / or expected remuneration and benefits. Information about any disclosed disability will be used to assess whether Arcus needs to make reasonable adjustments during interview, selection or employment.
Such information will be shared internally, including with members of the HR and recruitment team, and managers in the business area being recruited to.
We will only keep such data for as long as is necessary for the recruitment process. Should we wish to keep date for longer, e.g. for talent pooling, we will seek the candidate consent to do so.
Employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making.