Operations Manager - Shopping Centre
We are searching for a unique individual to work as an Operations Manager in an Edinburgh based shopping centre. The role will be working closely with the Centre Manager providing visitors, contractors, tenants and staff with a safe environment. Managing both hard and soft services we are looking for original thinkers, and those that challenge the status quo. You will be passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and perhaps you have worked in retail or other sector in an FM role, where you can transfer your knowledge into this sector. We are not looking for traditional shopping centre ops manager experience; we want people who are innovative, creative and problem solvers. The Role ASSET VALUE
- To maintain an awareness of and report to the Line Manager all operational issues that may impact on the value of the property.
- To be responsible with the CM for the drafting, and control of the service charge budget and expenditure relating to all aspects of Health and Safety, Audit Actions, Cleaning, Security services throughout the centre to maximise the quality of the offering.
- If required, to verify and authorise invoices for goods and services relating to the operation of the centre.
- Work with third party contractors to draft a works strategy plan for future planned works, ob-tain competitive estimates for works and maintain a cost effective outlook.
- Assist with key stakeholders to manage small projects in time and on budget.
- Meet with key contract managers to drive performance across hard and soft service lines including the review of minutes, action plans and KPIs.
- To monitor and report on the performance of service contractors and take such action as is appropriate.
- Ensure Cleaning and Security adhere to centre policies and procedures, conversant with risk and have updated and effective assignment instructions.
- Obtain compliance and performance reports from all suppliers including environmental from waste companies, Cleaning and Security third party suppliers.
- Assist the CM in developing a works maintenance plan across fabric and equipment.
- To compile and maintain all plans and drawings for the centre.
- To assist and ensure that all plant and equipment (including fire equipment) are tested and maintained in accordance with the manufacturers specifications; to keep records of testing and all relevant certificates.
- Regular inspections of all parts of the building, both common and tenants demise.
- Responsibility for energy and water management, reducing water consumption and increasing water efficiency, improving and monitoring waste minimisation and recycling.
- To procure, instruct and manage minor works as required.
- To create and maintain good relationships with tenants.
- To compile and maintain accurate tenant contact information.
- Attend and deputise as Chair when required at tenant meetings. Build positive relationships with all tenant contacts.
- Assist with the compilation and issue of occupier satisfaction studies.
HEALTH AND SAFETY/RISK MANAGEMENT
- To organise and co-ordinate site work with the minimum risk to health and safety and to comply with legislation, codes of practice, policies and procedures.
- Be conversant with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated legislation including water hygiene, asbestos and working at height.
- To manage all Health and Safety matters in the building as required, utilising the company Health and Safety system and other record/management system(s), ensuring full compliance.
- To ensure that maintenance and building work on site is limited to trained, authorised employees, approved and competent contractors.
- To assist and ensure that the necessary permissions, insurances, method statements and risk assessments are in place before actual work commences and that these are adhered to.
- Controlling statutory compliance, legislative compliance and best practice.
- To ensure that works designated as high risk are controlled by an effective permit to work system
- To ensure that tenants are issued with a Tenants Information Pack from which provides rules, information and procedures.
- To ensure, in conjunction with the service providers that assessments of risk are carried out on new equipment, plant, system and COSHH are undertaken and all work procedures arising from them are complied with.
- Undertake fire drills, tenant Health and Safety checks and vacant checks to maintain a high level of compliance throughout the scheme.
- In the event of an accident or dangerous occurrence assist and ensure that temporary measures are taken to make the area safe, then ascertain the circumstances of the incident and report to the Director and Enforcing Authority where appropriate.
- Ensure recording of all accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences and complete reports in accordance with the landlords/managing agents policy.
- To ensure compliance with Fire Regulations.
- To organise and document routine fire and emergency evacuations, ensuring they are communicated to tenants and contractors.
- To co-operate with the visits made by consultants and auditors appointed by either the Managing agents.
- To provide regular reports to the line manager on all aspects of centre performance, existing risks and viable, robust solutions.
- To ensure the collection of accurate and relevant data relating to performance of contractors and provision of analysis as and when required.
- Provision of regular business case proposals for any CAPEX works or service chargeable projects.
- Experience working in a fast paced environmental, ideally retail but not essential
- Conversant with Customer Service Initiatives
- Competent understanding of Health and Safety legislation incl; LOLER, Gas Regulations, Electricity at Work etc.
- Budget management experience
- Articulate and excellent written and verbal communicator
- Strong and compassionate people manager
- Practically minded
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work in a small and busy office
- Willingness to act as an emergency contact
- Recognised qualification in building or facility management.
- Previous working engineering background
- Knowledge of building contract management
- Understanding of commercial leases and contract law
All CVs must be in English and in Word.
Talent FM are experts in facilities management recruitment. Our sector knowledge is unrivalled and we are passionate about making every stage of the recruitment process as easy as possible for our clients and candidates. You can view all our jobs on our website or join the conversation on twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.