Electrical Installation Engineer
Arcus aim to lead the way for Engineering through outstanding service & reliability delivered by exceptional people. We specialise in providing a planned and reactive maintenance services whilst adhering to our core values - Do it SIMPLY, Do it WELL, Do it WITH PASSION which underpin everything we do
We currently have a great opportunity for an Electrical Installation Engineer who will be field-based during this exciting time of growth at Arcus. The general purpose of the role will be to carry out various electrical installations across the UK, covering Electrical, BMS and Metering installations. Some key accountability will include:
- Manage and deliver an installation project.
- Organising priority work loads
- Organising materials for the installation and managing van stock.
- Administration and accountability of stock & time.
- Organising relevant sign off documentation with direct liaison with stores.
- Ensuring all projects are seen through to completion in a timely manner.
- Completing technical reports as necessary and cascading all key data to relevant personnel throughout field operations
- Ensuring compliance with all Health & Safety requirements and adhering to best working practices at all times
The Electrical Installation Engineer will have relevant experience ideally gained in a retail or commercial environment along with a relevant recognised qualification. We are looking for someone who is flexible, and can work to different business requirements as & when needed. As this is a field-based position you will also need to hold a full UK driving licence and be able to work at various locations. The successful person will be or have:
- Good Electrical knowledge with 17th Edition Qualification
- BMS installation, Cat 5 cabling and Meter installations experience
- RAMS experience
- Good attention to detail and be able to communicate clearly & effectively
- Able to negotiate, influence and use diplomacy with clients, contractors and colleagues
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems and continual improvement processes
- Understanding of Health & Safety obligations and Legal compliance
- Basic HVAC knowledge (beneficial)
- Basic Knowledge of hot and cold-water systems (beneficial)
- Ability to represent Arcus and project a professional image at all times
In addition to a competitive salary, this role comes with a company Van with private usage after a qualifying period, Mobile Phone/Tablet and other related equipment needed for the role. Arcus employees also receive:
- 33 Days annual leave (inc. bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme of matched contributions up to 6%
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities
- And many other benefits…
Do it SIMPLY, Do it WELL, Do it WITH PASSION
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to those who do not meet the required criteria for this role.
Personal information which you supply to us during the recruitment process will be used for assessing candidate suitability for vacancies within Arcus. Such data includes candidate qualifications, skills, experience, employment history, current and / or expected remuneration and benefits. Information about any disclosed disability will be used to assess whether Arcus needs to make reasonable adjustments during interview, selection or employment.
Such information will be shared internally, including with members of the HR and recruitment team, and managers in the business area being recruited to.
We will only keep such data for as long as is necessary for the recruitment process. Should we wish to keep date for longer, e.g. for talent pooling, we will seek the candidate consent to do so.
Employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making.