Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning (HVAC) Technician
Open To: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
Position Title: Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning (HVAC) Technician
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Salary: £41,266 gross starting salary per annum, (consisting of: basic salary £36,154, London weighting £2,100 and bonus £3,012).
Performance Related Pay System
Employee Assistance Program
Season Ticket Loan
Generous Annual Leave & Sick Leave
Paid Public Holidays (U.K. & U.S.)
When mechanical systems break down, are you the go-to person? Do you have experience in maintenance and repair of commercial and residential Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and refrigeration systems? If so, then the Facility Management section, at the U.S. Embassy London, is seeking two experts to be their HVAC Technicians!
Working as part of a team you will be required to carry out skilled scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks on HVAC mechanical plant and equipment systems installed at the New London Embassy (NLE) and all government owned properties to ensure that they run smoothly at all times. These maintenance tasks will vary day to day – from undertaking routine maintenance and repair of major mechanical systems within the NLE – to addressing deficiencies and installations in any of the U.S. Government properties; both commercial and residential.
Main duties will include:
• undertaking diagnostic, root cause analysis, and repair work on all air conditioning and refrigeration systems and their relevant controls;
• repairing air and water cooled chiller systems, direct expansion units, split systems, packaged units, heat pumps, VAV’s, commercial refrigerators and walk-in coolers/freezers;
• planning and installation of various HVAC systems;
• ensuring proper refrigerant handing techniques according to regulations;
• fault finding and repairs to all existing installations.
Flexibility is paramount to this position. You will be required to carry out shift duties on a rota basis and take an active part in the out-of-hours emergency call -out on rotation.