Facilities Manager - Part Time
Our Client an international property consultancy based in the UK are looking to appoint a part time Facilities Manager (21.75 hours per week) to join their team in Birmingham.
The key focus of the role will be on providing high standards of service delivery to all stakeholders, for example tenants, clients and the team with regards to all aspects of facilities management.
- Responsible for budget and cost control and an awareness of the property budget and client objectives.
- Responsible for the management of service contracts, the assessment of quotes and fees to ensure best value and deliverability.
- Hold progress monitoring meetings, with the services maintenance contractors/consultants to monitor compliance with the contract scope of works and progress with the planned preventative maintenance activity.
- Supervise the maintenance audit regimes and safe systems of work, and actively manage continuous improvement by the contractor.
- Prepare, assess and monitor the service budgets, in consultation with the Property & Asset Manager
- Check and sign off contractor invoices, making sure works are complete beforehand
- Instruct contractors responsible for Planned Preventative Maintenance work, ensuring work is within budget and completed on time
- Monitor and assess the performance of all staff and contractors at the property, and take effective early action to address any shortcomings.
- Organise and hold regular occupier meetings at the property, in consultation with the Property & Asset Manager. Assist in management of any occupiers' proposed work / alterations to their demised area, and assist the team surveyor in coordinating and controlling the approval of the proposed works, in liaison with all interested parties, including external contractors and consultants.
- Advise occupiers regarding changes in office configuration, attending meetings to liaise with installers, consultants and architects as necessary.
- Advise the Property Manager of any breach of lease by the occupiers and giving regular reports on the operation of the portfolio.
- Report on condition of H&S compliance within your building(s).
- Use of the on-line compliance system Riskwise
- Ensure safety, evacuation and disaster recovery plan procedures are in place and up-to-date at all times across your properties.
- Undertake regular checks of contractor site log books and ensure all H&S records are being correctly maintained and are fully up to date and complete at all times.
Although this role is a part time position the client would be able to make the appointment full time should the successful candidate wish it after a period of 6 to 12 months.
Ideal Candidates will be members of professional body (BIFM/IFMA) and hold am IOSH or NEBOSH Qualification. Have experience of managing a multi-site portfolio, have a basic understanding of commercial leases/service charges and have knowledge of current H&S Legislation.
For this the client is looking to offer a salary of £35,000 Pro Rata plus generous benefits package.