Commercial Gas Engineer- Surrey or Bristol
About Arcus Solutions
Arcus Solutions aim to lead the way for Engineering through outstanding service & reliability delivered by exceptional people. We specialise in providing a planned and reactive maintenance services to the retail sector whilst adhering to our core values - Do it SIMPLY, Do it WELL, Do it WITH PASSION which underpin everything we do
We currently have a great opportunity for a field-based Commercial Gas Engineer to work in either the Surrey or Bristol area on a permanent basis. The general purpose of the role will be to carry out planned and reactive gas maintenance tasks safely- to the industry standard within required Service Levels. You will also provide first line response to all emergencies during normal working hours and out of hours when on call. Some key responsibilities will include:
- Able to effectively diagnose and identify faults and failures with equipment and systems and provide effective solutions and escalate where necessary
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements and adhere to best working practices at all times
- To sponsor and complete technical reports as necessary and to cascade all key data to relevant personnel throughout field operations
- Timely completion of reactive and planned works carried out to agreed standards, achievement of first fix and equipment uptime
- Ensure parts and materials are ordered in a timely manner through company processes
- To work proactively to manage task volumes in conjunction with our Planning desk.
- Ensure appropriate audits and checks (seasonal) are carried out in line with standards provided.
- To order and fit parts or components as prescribed by company procedures
The Commercial Gas Engineer will investigate and report in detail any problems and incidents- as well as attend training courses as and when necessary to ensure personal management and keep your technical knowledge up to date. The successful person will be or have:
- Commercial Gas qualifications
- 17th Edition qualified (ideally)
- Experience with heating control systems - ideally gained in retail environment
- Good knowledge of heating systems including installation
- Understanding of commercial M&E service technologies
- Commercial awareness of budgeting for parts and material usage
- Experience in M&E services maintenance with HVAC knowledge
- A Full driving licence
In addition to a competitive salary, Arcus employees also receive:
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (on a pro rata basis)
- Contributory pension scheme of matched contributions up to 6%
- Discretionary bonus scheme of up to 4%
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities
- Childcare vouchers
Do it SIMPLY, Do it WELL, Do it WITH PASSION
Due to the high volume of applications, only candidates who meet the minimum criteria will be contacted.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to those who do not meet the required criteria for this role.
Personal information which you supply to us during the recruitment process will be used for assessing candidate suitability for vacancies within Arcus. Such data includes candidate qualifications, skills, experience, employment history, current and / or expected remuneration and benefits. Information about any disclosed disability will be used to assess whether Arcus needs to make reasonable adjustments during interview, selection or employment.
Such information will be shared internally, including with members of the HR and recruitment team, and managers in the business area being recruited to.
We will only keep such data for as long as is necessary for the recruitment process. Should we wish to keep date for longer, e.g. for talent pooling, we will seek the candidate consent to do so.
Employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making.