Depot Maintenance Technician
Depot Maintenance Technician
£28,000 - £29,000 per annum plus benefits
About The Role
We currently have a great opportunity for a Depot Maintenance Technician to join the Sainsbury's Distribution Centre in Northampton Depot on a permanent basis. Our Depot Maintenance Technicians deliver effective and quality maintenance service at the site completing all proactive and reactive related tasks. You will ensure the site is compliant and make sure accurate records are maintained. This is a single site role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working proactively to manage tasks in conjunction with the Facilities Manager providing regular updates on tasks
- Ensure appropriate audits and checks are carried out in line with standards provided
- Hosting and control of contractors in line with site operating procedures
- Be proactive in fault finding and offering first fix solutions
For this role you have preferably completed a recognised apprenticeship; either mechanical or electrical with a multi skilled appreciation being an advantage. You will also be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
- A background in electro-mechanical engineering is a huge plus
- Technical skills relating to joinery, tiling, general fabric maintenance, installation, decorating, basic plumbing, painting and civils
- Previous experience in a facilities maintenance role, ideally in a distribution centre environment
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with both operations teams and contractors
The role will include working on a shift rota (TBC) and will also have an oncall rota as part of the weekly and monthly work load for site emergencies.
In addition to a competitive salary, Arcus employees also receive:
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme with matched contributions up to 6%
- Discretionary bonus scheme up to 4%
- Childcare vouchers
- Eyecare vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Learning & Development opportunities
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to those who do not meet the required criteria for this role.
Personal information which you supply to us during the recruitment process will be used for assessing candidate suitability for vacancies within Arcus.
Such data includes candidate qualifications, skills, experience, employment history, current and / or expected remuneration and benefits.
Information about any disclosed disability will be used to assess whether Arcus needs to make reasonable adjustments during interview, selection or employment.
Such information will be shared internally, including with members of the HR and recruitment team, and managers in the business area being recruited to.
We will only keep such data for as long as is necessary for the recruitment process. Should we wish to keep date for longer, e.g. for talent pooling, we will seek the candidate consent to do so.
Employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making.