Director of Property
The Director of Property's role is a stand alone site with no brand flag above the door, or parent company offering support, the suitable candidate is likely to be already operating as a Director of Property or a Senior Chief Engineer with experience of Property Management. Experience within hospitality within either hotels, conference centres or a multi-site property or a resort is a must, as are relevant professional qualifications (both Property Management and H&S Management). Knowledge and experience of building regulations, as welll as prior experience at managing smaller capital projects in house (typically up to £500k) and in working with Architects and other specialist professionals, as required, in managing medium sized projects (typically up to £3m) is essential. An understanding of capital allowances is desirable but not essential.
We are ideally looking for someone who sees this as a minimum 5 year role, to allow them the time to not only produce the medium term plan but to execute this.
The Roles duties and responsibilities:
- As Project Manager you will be responsible for the development of plans, designs, specifications and programmes to negotiate/appoint consultants and sub-contractors, monitoring their quality of works and certification of payments.
- You will need to be able to provide the Finance Director with detailed cost reports as appropriate and be responsible for production and achievement of annual maintenance, refurbishment and building development capex budgets. In addition you will have to plan and manage the payroll and expenses budgets and make effective use of resources.
- Your role will require you to plan and deliver programmes of work that cover both preventative and reactive services.
- With overall responsibility for for the resorts Health & Safety Policy, you will need to support the team in reviewing, developing, delivering and maintaining a full range of Health, Safety and Environmental policies including Fire and water safety management. To include the management of procedures to govern the Company’s operations and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and Company polices.
- You will be required to work with our external H&S consultant to ensure the Resort meets its legal obligations, fosters a culture of working safely and compliantly and manage the external Food Safety consultant, supporting the General Managers (who are responsible for compliance of food safety).
- You will be required to take the lead role in the Resort’s Crisis Management Team ensuring all policies and procedures are current and live within the business and act as the key liaison with outside agencies including HSE, EHO, Fire and Police Authorities and Customers/Contractors.
- You will need to manage the administration and relevant reporting and planning systems. In particular to ensure that our statutory records and reporting are timely, accurate and fully cover our responsibilities in respect of risk assessments, working methods, product usage, materials handling and storage, customer and team member access and comfort.
- You will be responsible for obtaining the best price and enter in to contracts for all utility services for the Resort including water, mains gas, LPG and electricity
- Monitor trends and new products in the industry and have knowledge of competitors’ facilities and services. Attend exhibitions, industry events and networking opportunities as appropriate to build beneficial and rewarding relationships for the company.
- To lead, motivate, support and develop the team in accordance with the company procedures, policy and employment law. Challenge them and help them to grow.
- To support marketing, our corporate image and reputation to protect the brand.
- Have a structured, professional and recognisably inspirational approach to the role.