Maxwell Stephens is currently recruiting a Maintenance Manager on behalf of an inspiring non-profit organisation.
The client is looking for a proactive manager with a strong maintenance background to ensure that their high quality residential home is maintained to a first class standard. The focus is around the safety and comfort of the residents, staff and visitors.
You must have experience with meeting legal requirements in respect of health and safety legislation. In this role you will work closely with the Director, Registered Manager and other Managers to ensure the smooth operation of the maintenance.
- To manage the maintenance function in a proactive way, but with the capacity to be reactive as appropriate.
- To ensure all day to day maintenance issues are effectively, promptly and safely addressed.
- To manage the clients maintenance contracts to ensure effective and safe operation of the physical infrastructure, both within and outside the building.
- To manage the caretaker in his undertaking of maintenance work, providing support and guidance as necessary.
- To be point of contact with all suppliers, both for contract and one off work
- To demonstrate an excellent understanding and practice on Health & Safety issues in respect of maintenance.
- To maintain all the required documentation and supervise the caretaker in his completion of relevant administration.
- To produce an annual maintenance plan and provide monthly quality assurance reports demonstrating the effective and safe management of maintenance in the Building.
- Experience as a Maintenance Manager in a similar environment e.g. care home, hotel, sheltered housing, managed apartments.
- An excellent understanding of a broad range of maintenance issues; plumbing, electrics, boilers etc. and the ability to undertake informed conversations with providers and challenge poor practice.
- Demonstrable experience of health and safety requirements/legislation and application to same in a similar environment.
- Ability to self-manage and work collaboratively with senior managers and other managers who are non-maintenance people.
- To promote pride in the maintenance function, recognising the importance of a comfortable and safe home to the well-being of the residence, staff and visitors.
- To actively support and manage direct reports within the company policies and procedures framework.
- Proven ability to manage budget and maintain up to date records of quotes/approved invoices.
- Excellent administration management skills: ability to develop, implement, and oversee systems that satisfy the requirements of the Company and our regulator the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Substantial experience in one of the key areas of maintenance at operational level e.g. plumbing, boilers.
- Experience in a similar environment.
If you think this role would be a good fit for you, email your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this exciting role.