Facilities Services Manager
Our client, a globally recognised insurance company, are now looking for a Facilities Services Manager to join their immaculate offices based in Surrey.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As the Facilities Manager, ensure that appropriate staff, processes and tools are in place to support the efficient and effective delivery of the following support services in the local office:
- Conference/meeting room logistics
- Print, post and purchasing
- Facilities management
- Records management
- Business continuity
- Other shared services as required
- Manage office support resources in the local office, while limiting office operating costs and mitigating risks
- Provide management of local office support team; conduct team’s goal setting, performance management, and professional development
- Build strong relationships with office leadership and corporate function colleagues to identify local business requirements, provide operational expertise and guidance, and develop support solutions that ensure the beneficial and cost-effective use of local, regional or global resources
- Work collaboratively with local leadership and corporate function colleagues to meet support requirements, streamline processes, and ensure compliance with company policies and standards (e.g. branding, record management, etc) in the local office
- Leverage financial and analytical skills, including the ability to contribute to the development of budgets, and review financial reports to effectively manage the Office Services function in the office
- Champion initiatives that improve the firm’s profitability and service levels, ensuring the effective and appropriate implementation in the local office.
- Fully understand and support the global H&S program taking responsibility local office H&S requirements
- Build strong working relationships with contractors and suppliers, regularly reviewing service and cost to ensure that services are competitive and best value is always achieved
- Project management of minor works, space allocation and office churn
- Be fully knowledgeable of policies and procedures; help ensure compliance by associates in the office through communication, education and local office protocols to promote the expected behaviours and practices.
- Advocate and role model company values.
- Significant experience of hands-on operations management of business support functions within a client-focused professional services environment
- Proven ability as a hands-on manager with skills to coach, train and motivate associates at various levels
- Customer service orientation; strong desire to deliver value-added support to external and internal clients
- Ability to create an environment of sound decision-making, ownership and accountability at all levels by communicating a clear stance on key issues
- Success in the development and implementation of Facilities Management processes, procedures and guidelines that drive efficiency and service excellence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills used to effectively facilitate the understanding of a full range of views and develop support for business initiatives
- Proven strength in building positive working relationships with local/ divisional/regional colleagues
- Effective influencing skills and ability to assist key stakeholders in reaching satisfactory resolutions.
- Proven analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills used to respond to the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Flexibility in attending and supporting meetings, team initiatives or other project-related activities
- Proficiency in the use of technology (e.g., MS Office, Oracle, Read Soft, Wisp, Manhattan)
- College/University degree or Facilities Management qualification preferred.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!