Property Project Manager
Closing Date: 01 February 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To successfully manage the end to end process of specifying, designing, procuring, delivering and closing capital investment projects at Wembley stadium by achieving cost, time and quality parameters.
- In conjunction with Project Sponsors, formulate project objectives and briefs. Translate these into scopes of work and formulate appropriate procurement strategies to deliver best value for the Business.
- Determine key stakeholders and consult effectively to ensure user requirements are defines and reflected in emerging project briefs.
- Appoint and lead teams of professional advisors to ensure project briefs and effectively translated into designs and specifications.
- Provide and present reports at key project milestones to ensure project proposals are signed off by the business / key stakeholders.
- Derive (and maintain) cost estimates for projects and work with Finance partners and project sponsors to create (and maintain) business cases for business approval.
- Assume end to end responsibility to deliver projects within approved budgets. Track and monitor project costs through their life cycle.
- Establish project plans and timelines taking into account operational constraints and key business milestones. Assume responsibility to ensure projects are successfully delivered within pre-determined deadlines.
- Prepare and present expenditure approval requests and seek business approval for capital projects in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present regular project reports to ensure the business is kept updated on major / strategic projects.
- Identify project risks. Formulate and implement relevant strategies to manage and mitigate these.
- Formulate and implement relevant strategies to ensure the quality standards are set and achieved.
- Ensure projects are planned, designed and delivered safely and in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- Ensure all relevant statutory approvals are obtained for capital projects.
- Conduct project close out reviews and capture lessons learnt for continuous improvement.
- Support the on-going development of property development policies and procedures across the Group to improve business efficiencies and controls.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. MRICS, APM, etc).
- Extensive experience in Project management with attainment of Prince 2 or equivalent.
- Experience & knowledge of Office moves / office fit out and staff relocations.
- Relevant Health & Safety Qualification (e.g. NEBOSH)
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with local planning authorities / planning regulations.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.