Healthcare Planning and Property Manager
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint an Estates and Facilties candidate to a Healthcare Planning and Property Manager post.
- Managing Architects, Consulting Engineers, Structural Engineers and Quantity Surveyors for preparation of Capital Scheme feasibility studies, costs and design of Capital projects;
- Support projects from business case stage to the point of acquiring premises and to provide assistance on the project management of accommodation issues;
- Manage the operational delivery of the property management services, transactions and projects in relation to the negotiation of occupational agreements, acquisitions, disposals and in the operational implementation of the estates strategy;
- Lead in the detailed medical planning working with clinical users and the design teams to produce plans for clinical accommodation;
- Advise colleagues and clients on property management matters, linking closely with legal advisors to ensure that the Trust minimises its exposure to risks arising from its occupation of leased accommodation, both at the time of acquisition and throughout the lifecycle of the property;
- Consulting and negotiating with Fire Health and Safety, Moving and Handling, Infection Control advisors for comments on Capital projects;
- Communicate complex service-related and strategic information to senior managers, staff, other organisations;
- Detailed medical planning of the decant and refurbishment schemes associated with new build and refurbishment projects and commissioning of these schemes;
- Line manage multiple projects;
- To consult with Senior Estates staff to agree scheme contents, monitoring of scheme progress and organising Technical Commissioning and Training, Decommissioning activities.
- Knowledge of organisational strategic, business and service planning processes specifically;
- Professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or MCIOB;
- Extensive experience in the planning environment related to major changes in service provision and delivery of capital projects;
- Experience of managing large and complex developments;
- Communicate complex service-related and strategic information to senior managers, staff, other organisations which requires negotiating, persuasive skills;
- Knowledge of NHS structures and processes generally.