Senior Cost /Contact Manager – Client side
About the Client:
My client is leading Leisure operator with a significant opening program and leisure portfolio.
As a result of continued growth and expansion they require a Property Cost / contract Manager to join its professional property team.
My client requires a cost / contract surveyor to work as part of a highly skilled and motivated project-focused team to a deliver a challenging rapid roll out program of leisure projects.
You will develop and implement a cost and supplier management strategy for the Property Maintenance and Statutory Compliance functions.
You will also have experience of a wide variety of procurement routes and construction methodologies as well as a strong commercial acumen and a technical knowledge base.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive improved value through effective procurement, challenging the ‘status quo’ and introducing change to established ways of working. Actively research and evaluate alternative procurement methodologies.
- Ensure all Maintenance goods and services’ expenditure is procured in a manner that delivers best value.
- Work collaboratively with the procurement team on areas of crossover in support of targeted annual savings.
- Unrelenting in seeking out service delivery and cost management excellence, your focus will be on achieving the optimum blend of programme, quality and cost.
- Ensure the business has a first class Property Helpdesk that is supported by appropriate systems, communications and contractor networks
- Key account and performance management of a number of specialist service providers, consultants and contractors for your areas of responsibility.
- Resource planning ensuring that we have the necessary contractors, consultants and systems in place and that we have the capability to flex at times of peak demand.
- Where necessary champion the removal of underperforming contractors.
- Ensure optimum value and quality is obtained from all outsourced services and partners
- Provide oversight and leadership in dealing with serious escalations and complaints, ensuring they are resolved effectively and any learning’s are taken forward. You will have a key interface with the senior colleagues on such matters.
- Drive performance and delivery of world class customer service from all outsourced support and service suppliers, ensuring they are fully aligned to our values.
- Facilitate customer feedback mechanism to ensure we can measure service delivery through the eyes of our customers, acting and reporting on feedback received.
- Set up and oversee quality assurance processes across key activities. Reporting outputs to the group and ensuring that we have strategies in place to deal with areas of concern.
Essential Key Skill Requirements
- Proven track record in a similar multi-site retail/leisure environment in delivering service and cost management excellence at a leadership level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of rates and construction procurement methodologies
- Delivery of results through problem solving and decision making, taking action where appropriate, based on financials, data and fact.
- Energetic, passionate, committed, innovative and pragmatic
- Professional industry recognised qualification and a minimum of five years’ experience quantity surveying, ideally within Retail / Leisure /Hospitality.
With a strong customer-led commercial approach, you will be confident dealing with a wide range of people, possess excellent communication skills, a cool head and have the ability to drive forward projects.
If you are able to demonstrate a pragmatic, logical approach and feel that you have the required skills please send your CV, including package details to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Martin Cragg on 0207 9709635. Closing date for application Jan 18th.