Maintenance Compliance and Contracts Manager
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint an experienced Estates professional, specialising in Maintenance and Compliance for Healthcare organisations.
- Manage the effective delivery of a comprehensive range of high quality and cost effective Estates Services;
- Lead a team of in-house operational staff and responsible for the operational management of contractors including implementation of mobilisation plan, health and safety management;
- Promote, develop and establish a positive safety culture within the Estates Maintenance Department so that it can meet its legal requirements in terms of Health, Safety and Compliance;
- Develop and maintain strong links with internal teams at operational level, and/or external clients, becoming the delegated “single point of contact” for Estates Services in order to facilitate good communication, effective working relationships, and gain a clear understanding of service needs/developments, providing advice and guidance on Estates related issues;
- Ensure the provision of responsive, high quality, customer focussed Estates services to meet the needs of patients, staff and visitors. Lead in the implementation of the Estates Legislative requirements working closely with peers, clinical staff and Trust’s infection control adviser;
- Support the relevant Estates Management Colleagues in ensuring maintenance contracts meet statutory regulations and developed in line with respective guidance;
- Undertake and commission compliance audits regularly and report findings through relevant forums and Trust Risk Registers;
- HND/HNC and/or professional management qualification and membership of a recognised Estates services institution or substantial relevant experience;
- Experience or working with specifications and contract documentation where applicable, or substantial experience of managing a large and complex multi-disciplinary in-house team;
- Knowledge of NHS & Trust policies and procedures including standing orders and financial instructions.