Associate Facilities Manager (Global Corporate Brand)
Maxwell Stephens are searching for a competent individual that would be excited by a challenge and wants to be rewarded for performance.
Managing a site of nearly 150 dedicated employees based at a prime UK office in Berkshire.
The role is a standalone position (with some administrative support from wider team), you will very much be part of a supportive team environment. Alongside that, the environment is very fun and cooperative, and the current Facilities Manager is often involved in activities with other Departments such as Legal and Finance, which is a great benefit to the role. The position has a lot of scope to come in and look at things fresh; although there are not big budgets to play with. If you like finding creative solutions, this is just the role for you.
Purpose of Position
Responsible for taking ownership of and running the operational management and delivery of all Facilities Management services within the UK business including Health and Safety, property portfolio and related insurances.
Main Tasks and Accountabilities
• Managing the daily effectiveness of contract services including security, catering, cleaning, post room and reception – managing workload, undertaking contract reviews, troubleshooting where required and leading contract negotiations
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety practices providing support and training to management and employees in all H&S matters identifying and working with external contractors where appropriate
• Initiating and managing project activity that includes internal / external office moves, air conditioning installations, refurbishments, upgrades and security enhancements
• Supervisory responsibility for shared member of the Facilities team including managing workload, appraisals and ongoing reviews in partnership with the HR Manager
• Facility cost budgeting, management and expenditure reporting and controls to be undertaken in an accurate and timely manner
• Managing a business property portfolio ensuring that the management, maintenance and upkeep of all property and lease related obligations are managed and facilitated in the best interests of the company
• Managing mobile communications including the issuing of equipment and training of starters and new users, coordinating and monitoring usage of all mobile equipment used
• Management of all A/V including set up and operation during internal company events
• Management of small company car fleet.
• Procurement of all office supplies
• Ownership of the Company Travel Policy
• Owner of the Business Continuity Plan ensuring the plan is designed and implemented in the UK effectively liaising with International colleagues to ensure global compliance
• Daily management of the Facilities function, ownership of the Facilities intranet site, representing the team at management meetings where required, participating in, suggesting and implementing company initiatives to enable the business to run smoothly and improve the working lives of all company employees
• PC literate
• Oracle knowledge would be beneficial
• Training (switchboard, H&S, office equipment)
• Contract negotiation and management
• Proven ability to organise and prioritise – methodical and logical
• Customer focused and able to build strong customer relationships
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels confidently and professionally
• Ability to resolve problems quickly when under pressure and in an efficient and calm manner
• Polite and articulate with a polished and professional approach
• Enthusiastic and approachable
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good negotiation and influencing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Preferably degree level or equivalent
• Facilities Management (such as BIFM) qualification essential
• Health, Safety and Risk (such as NEBOSH) qualification essential
• Significant commercial experience in an blue chip organisation
• Experience of the management of external suppliers including contract renewal and negotiation
• Supervisory and team management experience
• Proven track record of contract management and cost control
• Significant budget management skills.
The benefits for the role include the following:
• £6K annual Cash Allowance.
• Private Healthcare (company paid)
• Dental Insurance (company paid)
• Long Term Disability Insurance and Life Assurance
• Company Contributory Pension Scheme (typical 4% Employee, 8% Employer)
• Half Day Friday’s
• 25 Days Holiday with the option to purchase 5 more.
• The day off for your Birthday
• Cancer Check Service
• Employee Discounts Scheme
• Subsidised Canteen onsite
Please send your CV to email@example.com to apply. Please do not delay as this position will not be available for long.
Apply for Associate Facilities Manager (Global Corporate Brand)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly