Account Manager (Facilities and Building Services)
My client is an industry leading Facilities and Building Maintenance Service Provider who operate UK wide as well as over most of the globe. They provide both soft services and fabric/M&E maintenance to a wide array of clients in multiple sectors. One of the biggest and best companies in the industry, they have consistently expanded over the last two decades and show no sign of stopping.
I am looking for a Key Account Manager (Facilities and Building Maintenance) to take charge of a brand-new account for a world leading service provider. The Account consists of a portfolio of hard services contracts delivering M&E maintenance to a range of clients across London, including retail and data centre sites.
The place holder will have P&L responsibility of approximately £4m, as well as the opportunity to mould the account to reach optimum performance levels. As data centre's make up a proportion of the account, the Account Manager must have a technical background, preferably as an HVAP. A major part of the role is client handling; managing expectations and providing a willing and helpful point of contact for any queries or problems.
This is very much an opportunity for someone who is experienced at this level and wishes to progress to a Director level role in the next couple of years.
Duties will include:
- Line management of a team of managers, supervisors and maintenance engineers; hiring, disciplinaries and dismissals.
- Liaison with the Key Accounts Director - reporting performance indicators and agreeing on plans of action, providing support when needed.
- Presenting a helpful and informed face to the client; promptly dealing with complaints as well as managing expectations.
- Ensuring service delivery to and above required levels, as per SLA's and KPI's.
- Building and maintaining working relationships with new and existing clients.
The Person - the right candidate will:
- Have a background in building maintenance/facilities Account Management, with 5 years experience preferred.
- Have prior experience of working in a retail/data centre environment.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to line manage large teams.
- Present a client facing manner.
- Have experience managing P&L's circa £4m.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a top company who are continuing to grow. They have a reputation for taking care of their employees, providing requested training as well as opportunities for progression.
It comes with the following package: Circa £65,000 + £5,000 car allowance etc