Building and Services Manager
Maxwell Stephens are pleased to present an exciting and rare opportunity to apply to join a world-famous sporting venue as their Building and Services Manager.
To manage the Building and Services within the Facilities Management department and to ensure all systems are fully operational throughout the year and are maintained and thoroughly tested.
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the Building services through exceptional leadership and excellent technical knowledge to ensure all systems are fully operational and compliant.
- Support the management of the HV/LV network as an authorised Engineer to ensure all systems are fully operational and compliant. Assist in reviewing the current HV policy and process ensuring adequate HV authorised personnel are available through both the in-house team and the service provider.
- Drive change to ensure all current processes meet current standards, ensuring they are fully compliant within its obligations.
- Leading and managing the in-house team of Buildings & Services Technicians, painters and carpenters. Providing strong guidance and exceptional technical advice to ensure all maintenance requirements are completed in a professional manner and in accordance with the computer aided facilities management (CAFM) system.
- Manage the specialist suppliers in the year-round maintenance. Provide technical advice on supplier’s contracts, providing excellent technical guidance and strong leadership on their performance.
- Operationally responsible for the day-to-day co-ordination of planned and reactive maintenance of the Buildings and premises. Ensure the CAFM system is correctly used to capture all activities and maintenance information is updated once the work has been carried out. Creating innovative management reports from the CAFM system on maintenance activities to determine risk, efficiencies and operational opportunities.
- Drive change to ensure the Carpentry and Painting maintenance programmes provide the best value and that the building fabric is maintained to the highest standard.
- Plan and manage the issuing of Permit to Works (PTW) to members of the in house team and specialist suppliers to ensure they are accurate and available in advance of any work being carried out. Monitor the flow of PTW’S and provide recommendations to improve the process to ensure full compliance is being adhered to.
- Carry out a review of all assets and ensure they are correctly captured on the CAFM system, initiate planned preventative maintenance procedures for all assets as required and assign to the correct trade discipline.
- Manage the O&M manuals, record drawings and test certificates to ensure they are correctly held and updated as required. Act as project handover and ensure all systems are fully operational and the information is available and technically accurate.
- Responsible for the preparation and installation of the temporary structures for the Championships and ensuring all associated services are provided to support these structures.
- Responsible for the maintenance of roadways, paths and grounds (excluding sports surfaces and soft landscaping).
- Responsible for the Health & safety welfare and procedures for the in house team and suppliers working within the premises. Develop the performance of the in house teams, through greater accountability and ownership of areas.
- Lead and motivate the FM team, driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop and oversee a yearly training plan for the team, allowing for skills development.
- Ensure full compliance of all operating systems and ensure that all risk are identified and managed through clear procedures which are clearly documented and regularly reviewed.
- Ensure all Club and supplier personnel are fully aware of their duties through regular training and testing of the systems in simulated emergency conditions.
- Carry out a review of the current permit to work system to ensure it meets the organisations current requirements and is fully compliant in relation to good Health & Safety practice.
- Develop in conjunction with the FM team new SLA’s/KPI’s to ensure the department performs at a consistently high level.
- Assist the Commercial Manager with the preparation of contract documentation for RFI/RFP.
- Support the Head of Facilities Management in the preparation and management of budgets.
- Manage the emergency out of hour’s support teams through the identification of risk, ensuring both in house and suppliers are available throughout the year.
- Support the current helpdesk facility with advice on best practice to report and manage Building services systems issues.
- Excellent planning, organisational, and delivery skills and comfortable with periods of pressure.
- To be able to lead and motivate internal and external teams to ensure they operate as an efficient and co-ordinated workforce.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work successfully across a broad spectrum of stakeholders, including consultants, contractors, public and staff.
- The ability to solve complex and technically challenging issues.
- To be self motivated and disciplined in ensuring compliance is achieved for all technical areas.
- Leadership skills to manage contractors, sub-contractors and consultants to meet clear deadlines.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- A recognised electrical or mechanical qualification is essential
- An understanding of High Voltage networks is essential
- Membership of a recognised Institute is desirable
- Experience of managing life safety systems is essential.
- Experience of the operation and management of BMS systems is essential.
- Experience in a stadia or major public sports venue is desirable
- Experience of working within a client organisation would be desirable.
- Up to date IT skills - competent use of Excel, Word, Outlook - are required.
Maxwell Stephens are expecting a high volume of submissions for this position, so apply today to avoid disappointment.
Enquire/send your CV to email@example.com